We're really on a roll with our new sort of meetup for the group. Actually, it’s sort of an un-meetup, as you don’t need to specifically go anywhere or catch up with anyone.
The idea is that Amelia, Jim and Jess will be issuing a challenge each weekend, and you are welcome and encouraged to submit a single image that you think fits with the (loosely) interpreted theme of the weekend.
We’re still debtating if the best way is to upload the images to Meetup.com, or to flickr, or even to facebook, and we’d be interested in your thoughts on this. For the moment, let’s just stick with Meetup.
Images can be taken from 5PM Friday until 8AM Monday, and need to have been uploaded by midnight on the Monday to be included. The three of us will vote on the submitted images, and let you know what bragging rights you have as soon as possible.
You don’t need to enter every week, so no pressure. For those of you who complain that you just don’t get out to take some photos though, perhaps this will provide the encouragement.
If you don’t want to take part this week, we’d still like to know what you think in the comments. Go for it! Jess has come up with a great theme for this one.
Weekend Challenge 3 - 1/2
Here are links to a few example images from Jess to get you thinking:
A few clarifications from here on...
- One image only.
- Images must (for now at least) be taken during the weekend timeframe as discussed.
- You can't RSVP after the event has started. Don't worry about it, just get going.
- Interpret the theme any way you want.
- For now, images must be uploaded to the meetup.com gallery - and we found out that the event itself creates a gallery when the event closes, so just wait until then to do your uploads.
- It's best to give your image a caption.
- have fun.
- Jess, Amelia and I are ineligible to win, but we might enter, to keep the pace up. :-) We're all pretty busy though...