Weekend Challenge 5 - In Miniature
A small weekend challenge this time, and it's easy because you don’t need to specifically go anywhere or catch up with anyone.
The idea is that Amelia, Jim and Jess will be issuing a challenge each weekend, and you are welcome and encouraged to submit a single image that you think fits with the (loosely) interpreted theme of the weekend.
We’re still debating if the best way is to upload the images to Meetup.com, or to flickr, or even to facebook, and we’d be interested in your thoughts on this. For the moment, let’s just stick with Meetup.
Tilt-shift (Google it!) or photographs of toys, small things etc.
Here are links to some example images from Amelia to get you thinking:
[Little Workmen in Little Cars] [Almost Home Time] [Making a Getaway]
And a couple of toy/small images from flickr:
[Mr Tow Truck Man] [Happiness Is A Warm Puppy]
And a tool that can be used to create the sort of look we're thinking of if you don't actually own a tilt-shift lens. (and I'll be a little surprised if many of you do. I sure don't!) As always though, interpret the theme as you wish.
Rules and hints…
- New Rule: The image supplied must be a photograph, or a combination of photographs. That doesn't mean you cannot manipulate it, but it must have started as an actual photograph.
- 5PM Friday to 8AM Monday to take the image. Images taken outside this timeframe are not eligible.
- One image only.
- You can't RSVP after the event has started. Don't worry about it, just get going. You can still enter.
- Interpret the theme any way you want.
- It's best to give your image a caption. Honest, it might help your chances…
- Have fun. No, really. Otherwise, what's the point?
- Jess, Amelia and I are ineligible to win, but we might enter, to keep the pace up. :-) We're all pretty busy though…
- We have sorted out the best way to manage the album, and you can upload images to it once the meetup starts. A link will be supplied in my first comment. Once the meetup finishes (8AM Monday) a link will also appear in the meetup itself, and you can use that to achieve the same thing.
- There are no prizes (unless you want to sponsor one) but you'll have all the bragging rights you can handle.
- The judges' decision is final. We'll provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd placegetter.
- No need to enter every week. But it's good fun!