Weekend Challenge 14 - Industry
A thoroughly industrial weekend challenge this time, and just to keep you on your toes, this time you need to actually show up to enter!
The idea is that Amelia, Jim and Jess will be issuing a challenge each weekend, and you are welcome and encouraged to submit a single image that you think fits with the (loosely) interpreted theme of the weekend.
Photographs need to be uploaded to the official Meetup.com album for the meetup to be considered.
Okay, so this really is a little different…
We're going to visit a closed and empty factory, and take whatever photos we like the look of. We can gain access to the inside of the somewhat complex building, the lights should still be working… and we have a limited window of opportunity on the Sunday.
Non-photographers keep telling me the building is boring, but it has rooms, windows, stairs… It's clean and tidy though, so don't expect a whole lot of rust and ruin this time.
Starts at midday, finishes at 2PM.
How does it work? Well, my wife is transforming a former factory to a school, and the renovation/demolition work starts the day after our visit. So it's something that we only get one shot at.
If people are interested, we'll retire to the food hall at Queensgate Mall afterwards. So you could have your lunch before, or delay it until after. Don't bring food into the factory.
The rules are different for this one, so please read all of what follows:
*** This address probably requires a car to get to in a reasonable fashion, especially on Sunday, so please indicate in the comments if you want or need a lift. I'm going to assume you can all make these arrangements amongst yourselves... ***
Rules and hints…
• The image supplied must be a photograph, or a combination of photographs. That doesn't mean you cannot manipulate it, but it must have started as an actual photograph.
• Noon to 2PM Sunday 15 September to take the image. Images taken outside this timeframe are not eligible.
• You have until Midnight on Monday night to upload your best picture.
• One image only.
• You can't RSVP after the event has started. Don't worry about it, just get going. You can still enter.
• Interpret the theme any way you want. It's best to give your image a caption. Honest, it might help your chances…
• Have fun. No, really. Otherwise, what's the point?
• Jess, Amelia and I are ineligible to win, but we might enter, to keep the pace up. :-) We're all pretty busy though…
• We have sorted out the best way to manage the album, and you can upload images to it once the meetup starts. A link will be supplied in my first comment. Once the meetup finishes (8AM Monday) a link will also appear in the meetup itself, and you can use that to achieve the same thing.
• There are no prizes (unless you want to sponsor one) but you'll have all the bragging rights you can handle.
• The judges' decision is final. We'll provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place-getter.
• No need to enter every week. But it's good fun!
• You can't use anything you don't take with you, other than the structure itself.
• You must not leave anything behind after you leave.
• No mess!
• No food or drink on the premises