Weekend Challenge 19 - Wellingtons Public Art
This week, while you dont need to meet up, you DO need to get out and about.
The idea is that Amelia, Jim and Jess will be issuing a challenge each weekend, and you are welcome and encouraged to submit a single image that you think fits with the (loosely) interpreted theme of the weekend.
Photographs need to be uploaded to the official Meetup.com album for the meetup to be considered.
Wellington has a fantastic selection of public art. Find something that interests you and show it off to its best advantage. Think sculpture, the poets walk and murals. (please no graffitti).
See the Wellington Sculpture Trust website for ideas. We would love to see unique takes on interesting artworks - not just a snapshot please!
Here are some examples of the public art you can find in Wellington. There are plenty more to look at though!
[Fogged In] [Lean in to the wind] [Albatross Fountain] [Poets Walk]
Rules and hints…
• The image supplied must be a photograph, or a combination of photographs. That doesn't mean you cannot manipulate it, but it must have started as an actual photograph.
• 5PM Friday to 8AM Monday to take the image. Images taken outside this timeframe are not eligible.
• You have until Midnight on Monday night to upload your best picture.
• One image only.
• You can't RSVP after the event has started. Don't worry about it, just get going. You can still enter.
• Interpret the theme any way you want.
• It's best to give your image a caption. Honest, it might help your chances…
• Have fun. No, really. Otherwise, what's the point?
• Jess, Amelia and I are ineligible to win, but we might enter, to keep the pace up. :-) We're all pretty busy though…
• We have sorted out the best way to manage the album, and you can upload images to it once the meetup starts. A link will be supplied in my first comment. Once the meetup finishes (8AM Monday) a link will also appear in the meetup itself, and you can use that to achieve the same thing.
• There are no prizes (unless you want to sponsor one) but you'll have all the bragging rights you can handle.
• The judges' decision is final. We'll provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place-getter.
• No need to enter every week. But it's good fun!