A reminder that unfortunately we have a maximum limit for the venue. If you don't intend coming, could you please change your RSVP so we can let a few more in?
Wow, the response has been stunning, and then Sean has been kind enough to do all the checking with the venue for me. Just as well, as I'm now going to be out of town, and therefore unable to attend. :-(
it's clear then that I'm going to need to arrange another one! Expect to hear about that early in the new year!
I'm really sorry not to be attending. Please have fun, and try to find some more photo-buddies. And be nice to Sean!
'I'd like to gauge the level of interest here before setting a date or location, so feel free to indicate your interest and change your plans afterwards. No demerits for changes!
What I would like to do is to see how many of us can catch up at a cafe in the evening. Clearly the location would depend on numbers, but the idea would be somewhere that can cope with anything from a coffee to a meal..., and can handle restricted budgets...
What I would like you to do is to bring three things with you:
1. Bring the device you most commonly use to create photos. Camera, SLR, phone, tablet, Brownie...
2. Bring something that can display some of your work. Prints, phone, tablet, laptop, camera etc.
3. Bring your sense of humour. It's tough meeting a whole bunch of new people, for some people, so let's keep this relaxed.
If the weather behaves, we can go for a walk afterwards. If not, we can just hang out, right?
In theory there are over 450 members in the group, so if we got anything remotely like that number we might need to rethink, but let's see how it goes.
So, if you are interested, please RSVP, AND respond with a note in here. Just tell us two things.
* If you had to group most of your photography in one category, what would it be? (architecture, family, portrait, sport, news etc.)
* What style of photography don't you do that you wish you could?
I think that's it for now. Talk to me! :-)