The West Ashley PURLS Message Board › PURLS Road Trip: Carolina Fiber Fest April 5-7

PURLS Road Trip: Carolina Fiber Fest April 5-7

Sandy N.
Sandy56
Group Organizer
Charleston, SC
Post #: 50
From our resident Crochet Fanatic, Kimberly:

PURLS Road Trip to Carolina Fiber Fest April 5-7 in Sanford, NC at the Lions Club Fairgrounds. We’ll leave 5:30ish Friday night and drive to Sanford for the weekend, spend all day Saturday petting the yarn, buying the yarn, taking classes, and having fun. We’ll leave Sanford on Sunday by lunchtime to be home by dinner.

Classes are open for registration now on the CFF website. Looks like everything is knitting or spinning classes, no crochet this year. Admission to CFF is free; classes cost extra.

Depending on the number who sign up, we’ll either carpool or rent a van. You’ll need to pay gas money or your part of the vehicle rental. You’ll need money for meals and any yarn purchases you want to make.

I haven’t done hotel research yet, but the plan is to stay in a hotel close to the fairgrounds. I will not be arranging hotel rooms for anyone, but y’all can work out your own roomie plans. I plan to get a room for Tim & I & Abby.

Deadline to sign up is March 20th, so we can figure out the final details…
Ashley
user 33774012
Goose Creek, SC
Post #: 1
I know I'm going to the festival.. but I'm not sure if I want to drive out early or not. I realized that the festival is actually during my spring break so I could go earlier and it not interfere with my work. :D:D:D:D

That never happens EVER. So I may do it. LOL. I'll start researching some hotels and see what I can find for a good price fairly close to the grounds. I'll let you all know what I come by.
Kimberly T.
user 12622442
Charleston, SC
Post #: 8
We booked our room at Comfort Suites 1891 Bragg St. Sanford, NC 27330. It is very close to the cheaper Days Inn, but it is not currently under noisy renos like the Days Inn is. All rooms are suites with fridges, microwaves, coffee, free wireless Internet, and free hot breakfast. There is also an indoor pool AND a hot tub. :-) If you join Choice Privileges (free) then you save money on your room.
Ashley
user 33774012
Goose Creek, SC
Post #: 2
I booked my room!

Can't wait to go, even if the class list is kinda sad. Oh well.. more money to spend on fiber/yarn. :)