West Des Moines Dog Walking Club Message Board › Gray's Lake dog fee?

Gray's Lake dog fee?

Kayla G.
user 103482402
West Des Moines, IA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone--I'm new to the group, and West Des Moines. My boyfriend and I just adopted a dog this month and are looking at places to walk her and I would love to start walking around Gray's Lake with you guys, since that seems like something you quite a bit! I'm wondering on the membership/fee with it though; is there one for this area? I'm getting one for the Raccoon River park this week since it's only a mile or two from my apartment, but wanted to check with fellow dog lovers to see what you know!! Thanks!!
Sarah O.
sarah051886
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 5
There is a slight fee for joining our group, Sable can tell you more about that. When it comes to walking around Gray's Lake that is totally free as is Raccoon River unless you want to use there dog park. There are a few dog parks in Des Moines that require a permit/fee to use. Windsor Heights has a small dog park that is free that has a bike trail that runs next to it. We look forward to meeting you.
Kayla G.
user 103482402
West Des Moines, IA
Post #: 2
Yup, saw the fee for the group--I'm going to the WDM city hall today to turn it in since I wanted to go to the Raccoon River dog park soon as well. Thanks for letting me know!! I'll be able to bring my pup to walk around Gray's Lake in the future, then :)
Pam
pbwhitney
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 219
The trail around Gray's Lake is a walking/jogging/bicycle path about 2.2 miles long. It's very popular and it also connects to trails that go downtown and to Water Works park. It's a city park so no fee to use the trail.