addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

West Michigan Asexuals Message Board › Activities outside of the GR area

Activities outside of the GR area

Jill V.
user 87150282
Group Organizer
Grand Haven, MI
Post #: 2
We've only been here for a few weeks, but so far, we've only been talking about doing things in the Grand Rapids area. Is there anyone around who'd like to arrange something elsewhere in west MI? I'd particularly think there should be some interest in Kalamazoo and Big Rapids, and there are certainly things to do in Muskegon, Holland, Traverse City, Ludington and elsewhere, if anyone is around and feeling up to it.

No particular extravagance is needed - just posting your favorite restaurant could start something! And, if you haven't noticed, this group is set up to allow anyone to post events, so you don't need to get me to organize something if you just want to throw out an idea.
user 145627962
Kalamazoo, MI
Post #: 1
There is an excellent tapas bar in downtown kalamazoo, not far from the entertainment district, where all the clubs are. I still have to look up if the Gatsby allows under 21 inside to party, but it'd be swell if they did.
Otherwise, I have a large space behind my house that can be used for camping.
I can keep an eye out for festivals in kalamzoo- I know there is a pride fest during the summer. It'd be neat to represent. Otherwise, attending art festivals and so on would be a fun group event.
user 143754162
Kalamazoo, MI
Post #: 3
I live a bit south of Kalamazoo, and wondered if anyone would be interested in going on a hike in a beautiful woods, nice wildflowers and a creek. We could even bring a picnic lunch or maybe do a potluck. There is a place called Russ Woods or maybe Russ Forest, anyway, it's near Marcellus. I know that's far for you Grand Rapidians, but maybe some others would like to come? Flowers should be great any time now, maybe next week sometime? Or Saturday May 24?