add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

West Michigan Photography Enthusiasts Message Board › Photo Contest

Photo Contest

Kelly W.
user 17355891
Grand Rapids, MI
Post #: 2

I received this information and thought others would like it too. Last year two local photographers, John Dykstra and Cari Webber won divisions in this contest.

Dear Kelly
     I’m writing to you as the manager of a photo and art contest that may interest the members of the Southwest Michigan Council of Camera Clubs. Through the 2011 Great Lakes Forever Photo and Art Contest, photographers can defend the Great Lakes with their cameras—and get noticed throughout the Great Lakes region.
     Biodiversity Project’s Great Lakes Forever program has again partnered with Budweiser to sponsor the 7th annual photography and art contest that celebrates the beauty of the Great Lakes through the incredible talent of local photographers and artists. Great Lakes Forever is a nonprofit education and activism campaign designed to raise awareness about our vulnerable and valuable Lakes.
     The grand prize winner in both the photography and art categories will be featured on the 2011 Great Lakes Forever/Budweiser beer coasters. These coasters will be distributed to bars and restaurants throughout the Great Lakes region. In addition to being featured on the 2011 beer coasters, the top three vote-getters in each category will also receive awesome Budweiser prizes.
      I hope you will spread the word about this great opportunity to your members. You could forward this email to your membership or refer interested photographers and artists to the Great Lakes Forever website,, for contest rules and submission details. The submission deadline is August 14, 2011.
     If a picture is worth a thousand words, then these visual masterpieces can make a powerful statement on behalf of our Great Lakes. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can provide you with more information.
     I look forward to seeing your photos!

Kimberly Blair
Biodiversity Project
4507 North Ravenswood Suite 106
Chicago, IL 60640
P: 773-496-4301
FAX: 773-906-1303
In Office: M-Th 9am-2:30pm CST
Celebrating 15 years as a leader in building creative public communications
campaigns to protect North America's most precious land and water resources.
Gert W.
user 14312214
Group Organizer
Spring Lake, MI
Post #: 5

Thanks for sharing.