To See Our Calendar, go to wsacramentovocals.webs.com/
WSCS Vocals Groups is dedicated to providing a venue for adult singers to gather and perform for the benefit and cultural enrichment of the greater Sacramento community. We aim to promote music appreciation in the community through our performances and to encourage budding musicians through local music programs. As a member, you will have the opportunity to participate in one or all of the groups below.
Viva Voce is the formal performance arm of WSCS. The group sings a capella and practices/performs under the direction of Dr. Charles Vail.
- Practice: 7pm-9pm on Tuesdays from Mar-May and Sep-Nov
- Performances: June and December
- Membership Fee: $80 per season
Spice of Life offers the chance to work solo or in small ensembles. Members are self-directed, practice independently and perform in more casual settings, generally for fund-raising purposes.
- Practice: members schedule as needed
- Performances: scheduled ad hoc throughout the year
- Membership Fee: none at this time - current or past Viva Voce performance required.
Group Voice targets vocal instruction or special choral projects. WSCS coordinates with Dr.Charles Vail to hold Group Voice lessons at reduced rates.
- Lessons: Jan-Feb or Jul-Aug, as warranted by demand.
- Duration: 1 to 2 hrs weekly for 4 to 6 weeks
- Membership Fee: prorated based on total enrollment
• You enjoy group singing!
• You are age 18 or over
• Able to consistently attend weekly rehearsals, Tuesdays 7-9pm, in Sacramento
• Have access to working computer, the internet and printer
ABOUT OUR DIRECTOR
Dr. Charles Vail (DMA) studied theater and voice at the University of Iowa and the Mozarteum Conservatory of Music in Salzburg, Austria. He performed a wide range of music for over 25 years in professional theaters across Europe. Since returning to the USA, he has taught voice through the Los Rios Community College District, as well as through his own private studio. While his professional focus is on classical repertoire, he is well-versed in all genres of vocal music. To learn more about our wonderful director, please see www.vailvocals.com.
I’M INTERESTED – HOW DO I JOIN???
Begin by clicking the JOIN US! button in the upper right. You will receive a speedy response with more information about membership.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 916-376-0756
See more at
WSCS Vocal Groups, established as West Sacramento Community Singers in September 2010, is a non-profit program sponsored by the Friends of the Arts Commission, a 501(c)3 (http://www.friendsofsmac.org/home).