West Seattle Board Games Message Board › Ideas for next year

Ideas for next year

Gene L
user 19640341
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 638

5. Story games are a type of activity that most boardgamers haven't encountered yet. I thought I'd introduce the concept.
6. An RPG based on the concept of urban mythology. This is an RPG that's set in current times in your own location (Seattle!). People create their characters and give them an array of skills, either technological or supernatural and then must investigate wierd happenings. For example:

There's a mad scientist in Tacoma creating zombies in his basement.
or
Mysterious creatures are crawling out of Puget Sound in the middle of the night and abducting people.
or
Malevolent spirits that were long-ago banished by native peoples have returned to inflict evil upon the populace.

Still sound vague? yeah, that's why it's at the bottom of the list :P
Definitely interested in #5 and would sign up to give #6 a try (and I don't care if they're at the bottom of the list).

Which game system is this - Shadowrun?
Matt
MnStarr
Lakewood, WA
Post #: 23

5. Story games are a type of activity that most boardgamers haven't encountered yet. I thought I'd introduce the concept.
6. An RPG based on the concept of urban mythology. This is an RPG that's set in current times in your own location (Seattle!). People create their characters and give them an array of skills, either technological or supernatural and then must investigate wierd happenings. For example:

There's a mad scientist in Tacoma creating zombies in his basement.
or
Mysterious creatures are crawling out of Puget Sound in the middle of the night and abducting people.
or
Malevolent spirits that were long-ago banished by native peoples have returned to inflict evil upon the populace.

Still sound vague? yeah, that's why it's at the bottom of the list :P
Definitely interested in #5 and would sign up to give #6 a try (and I don't care if they're at the bottom of the list).

Which game system is this - Shadowrun?
#6 sounds like World of Darkness, Kult, or Unknown Armies to me.

#5 could be something like Fiasco or Shock, though I'm a big Polaris fan. There's a Story Gaming group that meets on Cap Hill and in the U-District.

InSpectres might fit both bills.
Eric
user 7407418
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I can support a train game day! I have steam, railways of the world + expansions + card game, ticket to ride (North America, Marklin, + more).
Nicole M
nkmcalli
Seattle, WA
Post #: 28
I can support a train game day! I have steam, railways of the world + expansions + card game, ticket to ride (North America, Marklin, + more).
Eric, Dawn is trying to get a train day going here, although the date's not finalized yet:

http://www.meetup.com...­
Aerin
user 109264222
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Any interest in trying a night of more "traditional" card games? As a recovering Midwesterner, I grew up on euchre, hearts, spades, rummy, gin, and so on. I've never tried (but have wanted to) cribbage, pinochle, bridge. I'm not a big poker fan, but I know there was interest in playing that at some point, too.
Gene L
user 19640341
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 643
Any interest in trying a night of more "traditional" card games? As a recovering Midwesterner, I grew up on euchre, hearts, spades, rummy, gin, and so on. I've never tried (but have wanted to) cribbage, pinochle, bridge. I'm not a big poker fan, but I know there was interest in playing that at some point, too.
Aerin,

If you are interested in running this you could use the "suggest a meetup" function to propose a meetup (you don't have to choose the date or venue initially if you don't want to). I could then announce it for you, it will be sent to every member who opts to receives announcements, and then you could gauge interest by the number of signups. Many members do not read the message boards so it might be harder to gauge interest on the message board.
Nicole M
nkmcalli
Seattle, WA
Post #: 29
Aerin, I would definitely be in for a card game night. I'd be happy to play any of the games you mention. I would need to re-learn euchre and cribbage. The rest I know well. I could also teach 3-player pinochle.
Roseanne M
zipster16_on_bgg
Seattle, WA
Post #: 12
I own Ticket to Ride Days of Wonder and the 1910 expansion, and would like to play this game more.
Noah C.
user 13919180
Seattle, WA
Post #: 15
I've got some ideas for summer events as well.

1. Bikes and boardgames - get on a bike, ride somewhere, play games, simple as that.
2. Whist by the water - I've got a large umbrella that I can set up at picnic tables. Lincoln park or Alki would be good for that. Bring some light snacks and play cards or other games.
3. Boardgame BBQ - exactly like it sounds. Bring a game you hate and toss it on the bonfire. Woohoo!

Laura Walton A.
user 74249342
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
I've got some ideas for summer events as well.

1. Bikes and boardgames - get on a bike, ride somewhere, play games, simple as that.

Ooo, ooo, this one! We can call it BikeGaming! Along with HikeGaming which is the same thing except on foot.

I sometimes have trouble sitting inside for hours and hours when it's nice out, but I love to play games; this seems like the perfect solution. We'd have to choose the games fairly carefully, though; Arkham Horror or Sid Meier's Civilization would probably be out. laughing