Thank you for taking the time to check out the WTPG. We are a great group of photographers that love meeting up for a good shoot and some good company.
Please have a look around at our page and make sure to sign up come out and meet us at one of our FREE Introduction to Studio Lighting workshops (all we ask for is a small donation of non perishable food for our local food bank. Membership is FREE to join our group and we regularly hold FREE meet ups and workshops and art shows through out the year for our members.
WHO IS WEST TORONTO PHOTOGRAPHY ?
Our members are a rich tapestry of our diverse community we have members from across the GTA,Mississauga,Hamilton, St Catherines, Vaughn,Brampton and Kitchener who enjoy practicing their passion for photography and truly believe in helping each other out and sharing our combined knowledge of photography with each other to build a stronger physical artistic community of photographers.
WHAT ARE WE DOING ?
Our group has now done over 640 photography workshops ,we have been able to facilitate over 500 free spots in photography workshops to the local artistic community and collected a lot of food to feed local families at the same time. We have brought together over 4000 artists to shoot together at our initial events and we are hoping to do twice as many this year.
We decided this great idea was taking on a life of its own and we formed a not for profit corporation out of the the group to see how far we can take this awesome idea to assist and benefit the photographers out side of the downtown core gain access to a wealth of creative photography workshops, free events and shows and discussions on photography and techniques.
We do our workshops from a professional full time production photography studio to give our members a chance to shoot in a working studio with top notch equipment. We have two studio locations, Revprint Studio 205 is located at 146Thirtieth St in the Production House building in West Toronto with other artists and studios in the building. The Production Studio is Located in Mississauga at 2532 Wharton Glen unit 3.
Production Studio shown above Revprint Studio 205 below
WHAT WE PROMISE TO YOU
We promise we will work hard to ensure our workshops are well organized, well staffed and geared to be fun hands on and engaging workshops for ALL levels of photographer. We promise to foster an accepting inclusive relationship of respect,courtesy and creativity for our members.
****FREE Parking is available out front of our building and on the surrounding streets (both locations)
What we offer from our unpretentious and engaging workshops:
• Time is money, and we want everyone to get the most of their experience! That’s why we hold efficiently sized classes based on the subject; to allow for short, information packed sessions that maximize the shooting time for each participant.
• A safe and comfortable, yet professional environment for everyone to gather, network, and of course, to take photos!
• An over-head pantograph lighting system to allow for more floor space and faster, more elaborate, lighting set ups at Revprint Studio 205 and a raised shooting platform with 1200 sq ft shooting area in the Production Studio in Mississauga.
• An array of light modifiers such as; reflectors, umbrellas, soft-boxes, grids, snoots, and beauty dishes.
• Multiple, quick, one-on-one sessions with the model(s) to optimize your chances of getting that “perfect” shot- No turkey shoots!
“What should I bring to the session?!”
First thing’s first; you need your camera! Any model DSLR camera with a working hot-shoe is perfect! *
Fresh batteries! (No one loves a dead battery, YIKES!)
Formatted memory cards to ensure you can take as many lovely photos as possible!
Your favorite lens; anything from 10mm-200mm will work just fine!
Don’t forget to bring your passion for great photography and a thirst for knowledge!
We will bring the fun! (WOO HOO!)
* In order to utilize the off-camera lights for our sessions, your DSLR camera must have a working flash hot-shoe for the wireless transmitter. Please consult your manual to see if your camera will work. Or feel free to drop me a quick line to discuss it by email. The studio uses Elinchrome Flashes and Paul Buff triggers so that everything is functional for almost everyone!
Who should take our sessions?
Our sessions are perfect for photographers who have a basic knowledge of their camera and its manual settings (don't worry -we will give you the F-stop and shutter speed for perfect results!). They are also suitable for any level of photographer looking to dive into different styles of photography, learn some great lighting set ups, and have some FUN!
Sony/Minolta DSLR Owners:
ATTENTION!!!! Sony uses a proprietary hot-shoe for their cameras; you will need to bring your own hot shoe adapter to attach to your camera so our studio's wireless trigger can communicate with your camera