Embrace the darkness in this fun and educational portfolio building workshop!
This workshop is all about soft and sexy lighting, in this session thats limited to only 6 participants we will set up and shoot 3 very soft and flattering lighting set ups that will not only improve the mood of the image but are very flattering as well on our lovely subject Rhi.
Dont be afraid of the dark
What we offer from our unpretentious and engaging workshops:
• Time is money, and we want everyone to get the most of their experience! That’s why we hold smaller classes; to allow for short, information packed sessions that maximize the shooting time for each participant. You can buy extra shooting time in the workshop just email me for details if your interested.
• A safe and comfortable, yet professional environment for everyone to gather, network, and of course, to take photos!
• An over-head pantograph lighting system to allow for more floor space and faster, more elaborate, lighting set ups.
• An array of light modifiers such as; reflectors, umbrellas, soft-boxes, grids, snoots, and beauty dishes.
• Multiple, quick, one-on-one sessions with the model(s) to optimize your chances of getting that “perfect” shot- No turkey shoots!
“What should I bring to the session?!”
First thing’s first; you need your camera! Any model DSLR camera with a working hot-shoe is perfect! *Fresh batteries! (No one loves a dead battery, YIKES!)Formatted memory cards to ensure you can take as many lovely photos as possible!Your favourite lens; anything from 10mm-200mm will work just fine!Don’t forget to bring your passion for great photography and a thirst for knowledge!We will bring the fun! (WOO HOO!)
* In order to utilize the off-camera lights for our sessions, your DSLR camera must have a working flash hot-shoe for the wireless transmitter. Please consult your manual to see if your camera will work. Or feel free to drop me a quick line to discuss it by email. The studio uses Elinchrome Flashes and Paul Buff triggers so that everything is functional for almost everyone!
Who should take our sessions?
Our sessions are perfect for photographers who have a basic knowledge of their camera and its manual settings (don't worry -we will give you the F-stop and shutter speed for perfect results!). They are also suitable for any level of photographer looking to dive into different styles of photography, learn some great lighting set ups, and have some FUN!
Sony/Minolta DSLR Owners:
ATTENTION!!!! Sony uses a proprietary hot-shoe for their cameras; you will need to bring your own hot shoe adapter to attach to your camera so our studio's wireless trigger can communicate with your camera