Thank you for taking the time to check out the WTPG. We are a great group of photographers that love photography, We love all aspects of photography and believe in helping each other out and sharing our combined knowledge with each other.
We love all levels of photographers from beginners to retired Pro's we have fun and rewarding events for all levels, All we ask is that you respect each other and help each other when you can, we dont charge to be a member of our group and we never will.
West Toronto Photography Group is one of the busiest Photography workshop groups in the GTA with over 570 photography workshops held so far and Many more to come! We do hold FREE monthly workshops for our members to gather and share in the love of photography with each other with a fun outing!
We do our workshops from a professional full time production photography studio and our light quality is consistent and beautiful, We do not use a dirty empty white warehouse room or a basement or an abandoned storefront location. Our studio is located in the Production House building in West Toronto with other artists and studios in the building.
We work hard to ensure our workshops are well organized, well staffed and geared to be fun hands on and engaging workshops for ALL levels of photographer.
Below is an older video of one of our Pin UP workshops with a very talented and very tall model 6ft + heels, we will be adding a few newer videos soon
****We do more specific lighting in an hour and a half then most 4 hr workshops do!
****FREE Parking out front of our building and on the surrounding streets
What we offer from our unpretentious and engaging workshops:
• Time is money, and we want everyone to get the most of their experience! That’s why we hold smaller classes; to allow for short, information packed sessions that maximize the shooting time for each participant.
• A safe and comfortable, yet professional environment for everyone to gather, network, and of course, to take photos!
• An over-head pantograph lighting system to allow for more floor space and faster, more elaborate, lighting set ups.
• An array of light modifiers such as; reflectors, umbrellas, soft-boxes, grids, snoots, and beauty dishes.
• Multiple, quick, one-on-one sessions with the model(s) to optimize your chances of getting that “perfect” shot- No turkey shoots!
“What should I bring to the session?!”
First thing’s first; you need your camera! Any model DSLR camera with a working hot-shoe is perfect! * Fresh batteries! (No one loves a dead battery, YIKES!) Formatted memory cards to ensure you can take as many lovely photos as possible! Your favorite lens; anything from 10mm-200mm will work just fine! Don’t forget to bring your passion for great photography and a thirst for knowledge! We will bring the fun! (WOO HOO!)
* In order to utilize the off-camera lights for our sessions, your DSLR camera must have a working flash hot-shoe for the wireless transmitter. Please consult your manual to see if your camera will work. Or feel free to drop me a quick line to discuss it by email. The studio uses Elinchrome Flashes and Paul Buff triggers so that everything is functional for almost everyone!
Who should take our sessions?
Our sessions are perfect for photographers who have a basic knowledge of their camera and its manual settings (don't worry -we will give you the F-stop and shutter speed for perfect results!). They are also suitable for any level of photographer looking to dive into different styles of photography, learn some great lighting set ups, and have some FUN! We also hold workshops that are geared towards intermediate and advanced level photographers; they are more interactive and implement even more strategies to help your professional photo shoots, look and flow better!
Sony/Minolta DSLR Owners: ATTENTION!!!! Sony uses a proprietary hot-shoe for their cameras; you will need to bring your own hot shoe adapter to attach to your camera so our studio's wireless trigger can communicate with your camera