Hey again all! I know it's still a few months away, but I thought we could start planning a meetup for Gay Days at Disneyland.
For those who have never heard of it, Gay Days is an independent event that is held during the first weekend of October at the Disneyland Resort. It is not sponsored or officially recognized by Disney, but cast members are very supportive and welcoming. There are parties throughout the weekend, as well as a Welcome Center. They're current schedule has all Gay Day events at one park each day: Disneyland on Saturday, and DCA on Sunday.
As the event gets closer, we can start planning exactly where to meet up in the park and all that fun stuff. As of right now, I will probably be only be available on Saturday, but if anyone else wants to take a day, I can expand this or ad an extra event for each day.
For more information on Gay Days Anaheim, go to their official website: http://www.gayday2.com/
For those who want to start plotting our schedule for the day, here's some info:
Disneyland Events Schedule for October 6th: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/10/05
Gay Days Schedule: http://www.gayday2.com/GDA/index.php/schedule
Two highlights for those interested:
Gay Days Welcome Center, 9am–8pm, Trillium Room, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel"Buy the official Gay Days Anaheim T-Shirt, limited edition pin and tickets to Plunge!, the Gay Days Anaheim pool party. Pick up a FREE goodie bag, meet our sponsors or just say hello. We're here to help with all your Gay Days needs. Learn more about the Welcome Center by clicking here!" (http://www.gayday2.com/GDA/index.php/information/welcome-center)
Group Photo, 2:00pm, Sleeping Beauty Castle"Wear your red shirt and say 'Cheese!' This ginormous photo op is the place to see and be seen."
After thoroughly scouring Disneyland and looking over the schedules, here's what I've got for us:**Obviously, everything is optional, and we don't have to stay together the whole day. I know at least 1 of my guests is planning on abandoning us to going to the "Ladies Who Lunch" event and join up again later.
- 9:00am: We'll meetup by the giant Mickey head Pumpkin in the Main Street, USA plaza. I will be holding a sign wiht the group's logo printed on it to make it easy to find me. I will send out my cell # the night before, in case people get lost and need to find us.
- 11:00am: "The BIG Red Boat" - Mark Twain Riverboat. From the Gay Days website: "Ahoy matey! Looking to mix, mingle or make a new friend? Then come, um, cruise with us! Meet in front of the attraction and we’ll sail the Rivers of America together. (And please wait in front until we bring everyone on board—we want to make sure everyone, um, cruises together!)"
- 12:00pm: "Ladies Who Lunch" - Rancho del Zocalo, Frontierland. From the Gay Days Website: "Women who love women can meet up for a spicy dish at this restaurant (and the food's not bad either!). Keep your eyes peeled for the ladies in red."
- 2:00pm: Group Photo - Sleeping Beauty Castle. From the Gay Days website: "Wear your red shirt and say 'Cheese!' This ginormous photo op is the place to see and be seen."
- 4:25pm: "Mickey and the Magical Map" - Fantasyland Theatre. Anyone who hasn't see it, this is a very cute show and worth watching.
As for ride and shows in between, we can decide which ones and what order we want to go to them in. Some ideas:
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- The Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Pirates of the Carribean
- Disneyland Railroad
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Alice in Wonderland
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- it's a small world
- Star Tours
- Captain EO
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
- Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
- And, to finish off the night: Jungle Cruise - the last cruise of the night is usually the best.
Again, this is all just a list of suggestions. Nothing is mandatory, and we don't have to stay together the whole day. If you need to leave early, that's fine.
Don't forget your red shirts!!