addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Westborough Writers Workshop Message Board › Proposals on group protocols

Proposals on group protocols

Gustav
TheGustav
Group Organizer
Framingham, MA
[I just posted the following to group Discussions area; please share your views. - Gus
http://www.meetup.com/Westborough-Writers-Workshop/messages/boards/thread/44648332­]
Hello everyone,
In the interest of making our meetings even more enjoyable, useful, and convenient for everyone, I humbly offer some proposals for how this group should operate going forward.

• I think it's nice to critique as many works as practical during each session, so that people have the opportunity to get feedback on their writing as frequently as possible. Therefore, I suggest that we should attempt once more to critique as many as four works per session, but strictly limit the discussion to 20 minutes per piece in order to give every author enough time. If there are fewer than 4 pieces in a given week, we will divide the time accordingly into equal intervals. I am willing to serve as the "time cop;" if someone else else would like to do that when my work is under review, or at any other point, that's perfectly fine too. We will start critiquing the first piece no later than 6:40 so that we can end on time and give every author a full slot.
  • I propose setting a precise deadline of 10 PM the Tuesday before each critique session for posting submissions to the Files area, just so there's no ambiguity. At that time, I will announce which four pieces (maximum) we will be reviewing that week. I hope this will give everyone enough time to print out and review each piece.
  • Preference for selection will be given to authors whose work was not reviewed the previous session (irrespective of the order of submission), and after that on a first-come-first-served basis. Any authors whose submissions are not selected for a given session will automatically go to the front of the queue for the following session.

Please let me know what you think of these suggestions, including whether you have objections or different/better ideas. I will interpret silence as tacit approval, but please do let me know (either privately or on the forum) if you have any concerns. And suggestions for how to improve the way things work and keep everyone engaged are welcome at any time.
Thank you; I hope to see all of you at the next session, and look forward to some excellent writing and discussion thereof.
Gus.