addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Is there anybody in this group who might be interested in playing Marvel Heroics?

Just checking to see if there's any interest.

-Brendan
Jonathan
user 7541496
Stamford, CT
Post #: 2
I'd play. But you already knew that.

Is there anybody in this group who might be interested in playing Marvel Heroics?

Just checking to see if there's any interest.

-Brendan

A former member
Post #: 3
It still makes me happy to see it in writing. ;)
Mark
VBWyrde
Group Organizer
White Plains, NY
Post #: 154
As I mentioned I'm kinda swamped on project work. I would, however, love to be able to sit in on a game or two if possible. Maybe I could play an NPC or make a brief cameo appearance as a Super? Not sure what the Character Gen process is like, but that's often the time consuming part so maybe I could pick up on a pre-made Character and get a few hints or cheat sheet on how to play him? If that would be ok with you I'd be excited to see how the game works, and also help get things off the ground. Of course it also depends on the timing of the game. My only fairly consistent free spot of time is Sunday evenings. So if that might work for you, I'd be delighted.
A former member
Post #: 4
It'd be great to have you as part of the group, if only every once in a while. The Cortex system which Marvel Heroics uses is very well designed (in my opinion) and doesn't take much time to learn. Plus, new players are strongly encouraged to start by using pre-made character "datafiles" as they're called to get started with the game.

Because Heroics is set in the existing Marvel canon, with back stories having already been written in comic lore, creating new characters comes with an interesting hook: figuring out how to integrate a new super into the world. Although character creation is available, it is recommended that you not create your own superhero until you're familiar with the game mechanics so as not to overpower yourself.

Fortunately for most, being able to pick up a really awesome character to start with can be a lot of fun. Jumping right into the action as Iron Man is pretty awesome.
Mark
VBWyrde
Group Organizer
White Plains, NY
Post #: 155
Ok! Sounds awesome. Also, please consider cross-posting your game to the Westchester Geeks and the Westchester Gaming Groups to get more coverage on available player. But before you do, it might be a good idea to send an inquiry to the both groups organizers to ask if it's ok to do so. I'm sure they'll say it is, but it's polite etiquette to ask first, I think. :)