WESTCHESTER GEEKS Message Board › Update on things

Update on things

turkbroda
user 10126149
Group Organizer
White Plains, NY
Good morning,

A few of things to update you on:

1) There are some people who want to set up a event around Diablo 3's release date.  Check the meetup board and/or Facebook for more details.

2) We put a poll up for "Nerd Trivia".   Dina Klar has done the initial legwork and got two potential locations on several different nights.    A poll has been put up for people to vote. Both are in "central westchester" and it is just a matter of preference for day and time. We are hoping to have our first on the 3rd or 4th week of May.  We NEED a good turnout for this, so please vote and then stop by.

3)There is a fair bit of interest in carpooling to Dexcon in July.  If you are going, or want to go, post a message in the message board/facebook/Google plus.

4)Nerd swap meet.  We would like to get a clearer gauge of the scope of how much people want to bring to exchange.   I was thinking that this might be an yearly event, and we can start planning and searching out a location once we get an idea of how big this needs to be.

5) Come dine with nerds- There is some interest  in doing  a rotating nerd dinner party thingy based on the British TV show "Come Dine with Me" (http://en.wikipedia.o...­. I would be willing to host once.

6) The city of White Plains is holding its 11th annual sakura matsuri (cherry blossom festival) on Sunday, May 6, 2012, from noon to 5 p.m. at Turnure Park. That's 20 Lake Street, White Plains.

7)Don't forget, the Avengers on 13 May.

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them up!  The more people we have thinking up cool things, the happier and more vibrant this group will be.

Have a good week,

Blair