addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

WESTCHESTER GEEKS Message Board › working, married, with kids and little to no free time... want to play?

working, married, with kids and little to no free time... want to play?

Dan
dmhs
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Recently moved to Westchester. Despite the fact that I have almost no free time between work, a couple of young kids, and learning how to deal with/maintain a new house, I'd love the opportunity to at least meet some similarly situated folks in the area, and maybe even get together once in a while, or play some video games online late at night while the wife/kids are sleeping etc.

It seems there are a lot of young, single folks in this meet up group, with whom I likely can't keep pace, but I thought I'd reach out to see if there are any other less vivacious folks out there who could at least pretend to be a kid with me every once in a while...
Dina
Dina10595
Valhalla, NY
Post #: 11
Welcome, to the minority, Dan! We also have 2 young kids, and my husband (also named Dan) plays xbox360 with a few other guys in the evenings. If you're on Facebook, I would recommend joining the Westchester Geeks group there - it's an extension of the Meetup page where people post/chat on a regular basis, and it would be a great place to connect with other members. Here's the direct link: https://www.facebook....­

Nice to "meet" you!
-Dina
Dan
dmhs
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Thanks for your reply - I'll go over to the Facebook page. I guess I'm wondering if it's a large enough "minority" to start a separate meet up for us dried up old folks with kids... not that I don't like the young'uns or think I'm superior, but because there's no way I can keep up with them and I have a feeling our interests are quite different (not really needing to meet other singles at this point... :)
Dina
Dina10595
Valhalla, NY
Post #: 12
There have been other groups for geeks with kids/families, but they never lasted or had enough of a regular following to merit paying for the upkeep on meetup. There are a number of others in Westchester Geeks who have kids and/or just not a lot of time to hang out, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Also, the age range in the group spans early 20s to mid-50s - it's not all younger folks, or all singles; many married couples without kids. Don't be so quick to discount the possibility of having similar interests!