addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Westchester Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Old Hotels Borscht Belt Catskills

Old Hotels Borscht Belt Catskills

A former member
Post #: 8
I have hiked and taken pictures of all these locations of former Borscht Belt/Catskill hotels. It’s has taken me years. There are hotels in places you would have never thought existed. There are about 50 – 100 other I still want to get pictures of before they are demolished.

– I am looking to see anyone is interested in joining me. (I also run a Face book site with 265 dedicated members)

-Take a look at the Map, it would be in this general location ---> http://www.google.com...­

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Mary,

Yes, I met a few squatters in my time - lot's of stories. I have been to most of them by myself, but I don't reccommend it. Not just because of the squatters, but there is usually alot of rubish on the ground - I found that out the hard way at the Grossingers and Nevele Hotels. However it's very rewarding to know you caputed a piece of history that may not be there the next summer..just like Browns, Tamarack, and Gibbers all burnt down in last 3 weeks. I had just missed the Heiden Hotel b4 it burnted down. My main purpopse is to get as many pictures as I can. I will give you more details when I know.