addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › Yo’ Mama is Earth(ly) RoundUP (featuring more Mac & Yease from Ayinde?

Yo’ Mama is Earth(ly) RoundUP (featuring more Mac & Yease from Ayinde?, Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale in Brooklyn and Sunday Brunch)

Demetrius
aqknight
Astoria, NY
Post #: 641
Attention citizens of earth(ly eating)

There are three weeks - count ‘em 4/29, 5/6 and 5/13 - until Veggie Prom gets YOU on the dance floor, we picnic in Central Park and parade through the West Village. Get your tickets, pull out those recipes, and get those costumes, slogans, and posses ready to rumba!

If charity begins at home, please check out this Kickstarter for the Mac & Yease man himself, Ayinde. This the guy who had folks swooning A L L throughout the aisle of the recent NYC Vegetarian Food Festival**. He proposes to occupy the former Broadway East space for a week or more to bring us NYC’s first vegan pop-up! I’m so excited I’m crying – seriously, I am - you know how I get about great food! Let this #vegan world shift continue and please support it with a few (thousand) bucks to his plan!!

Please note below Wednesday’s worldwide vegan bake sale in Brooklyn from Our Hen House and the forthcoming and locally-made vegan film Vegucated*.

Get your parade slogans ready for our upcoming MAY CONTEST...

All EatUP members can participate in our contests. Paid dues for the calendar year remaining will be the default prize when the winner isn’t a $UPporter, regular or Lifetime. Otherwise, the prize will be as advertised.

Continued appreciation to our $UPporters (aka dues payers). Join them here or become another one of our awesome Lifetime $UPporters.

DEALS

COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

•• Please vote on your fellow members' event ideas. Two votes make them official ••

This week
Sat Apr 23 1 pm Brooklyn Vegan Potluck Picnic for the Planet
Sun Apr 24 2–6 pm Spring Sunday Waffle Brunch!
Mon Apr 25 6 pm Italian dinner at John's on 12th St.
*Wed Apr 27 11am–4pm Vegucated and Our Hen House vegan bake sale at Brooklyn Law School

Thu Apr 28 7 pm Vegan Drinks XXXVI
Sat Apr 30 1 pm Eat vegan patties and drink fresh juices in Crown Heights

Next week
Thu May 5 7 pm Cinco de Mayo dinner celebration
Sat May 7 Noon May Lunch Bunch crawls to Cinnamon Snail with Hoboken Veg*n Meetup

Beyond
Fri May 13 9 pm Veggie Prom
Sat May 14 11 am–6 pm Veggie Pride Parade Leafletting on Union Square
Sat May 14 1 pm Compassionate Picnic for all area veg*n meetups & friends LIMITED SEATING
Sun May 15 10 am Pre-Parade Breakfast at Sacred Chow
Sun May 15 Noon Veggie Pride Parade NYC 2011

Fri May 20 6:30 pm Let's Have Dinner at Horizons

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
UPDATED! Local area veg*n meetups list ** please share it far and wide

Happy Earth Day!

Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around NYC metro. Our history spans eight years, some 360 events and nearly 1,500 members. EatUP is one of Meetup.com's Biggest 100 groups.

Please say hi to me in-person at Veggie Prom 2011 Friday May 13th or Veggie Pride Parade Sunday May 15th :-)

p.s. I heard the most delicious morsel last night about a very special event the first weekend of Autumn. Mark your calendars!