addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › Veg Powered RoundUP (featuring Cinnamon Snail today, Daiya sale + Prom, Picn

Veg Powered RoundUP (featuring Cinnamon Snail today, Daiya sale + Prom, Picnic & Parade Weekend)

Astoria, NY
Post #: 667
First, best to our moms in the group, and your mothers too.

We are only so many dozens of hours away from Veggie Prom and I still need to decide what I’m wearing :-O Then on Saturday, join us for the big veg*n meetups picnic in Central Park on Pilgrim Hill (thanks Grace!). The weekend wrap with us marching in the Veggie Pride Parade Sunday (after a bit o’ breakfast at Sacred Chow).

Found all three Daiya flavors – cheddar, mozzarella, and the NEW pepperjack – on sale for $4.19 at LifeThyme (410 Avenue of the Americas Manhattan 10011)

Cinnamon Snail serves his greatness at Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market (39th & 9th) today 11–5 (as well as June 12 and July 10) - please take your water bottles, patience and cash if you go.

Appreciate an easy favor from you all. For any particular event, activity, fundraiser, etc. you’d like to be on EatUP’s calendar, please suggest it on EatUP’s home page. There is a white box where Let’s appears near the top. This new Meetup feature helps you, me and the group work better together to have the events W E want on the calendar. I also request we each vote (and RSVP) for all events; these YESes and NOs help us craft & evolve our events!

Ayinde – the Mac & Yease guy of Williamsburg Winter Waffles AND NYC Vegetarian Food Festival fame - needs the community's support to occupy the former Broadway East space for a week bringinng us NYC’s first vegan pop-up, and more Mac & Yease! Please donate to Ayinde’s Wildflower Kickstarter.

I really do appreciate our $UPporters, also known as dues payers. You can join them here or here by becoming a Lifetime $UPporters.

Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

•• Please vote on your fellow members' event ideas. Two votes make them official, so they’ll appear on the following RoundUP(s). ••

This week
Sun May 8 1 pm Forks Over Knives Screening at Sunshine Cinema
Fri May 13 9 pm Veggie Prom
Sat May 14 11 am–6 pm Veggie Pride Parade Leafletting on Union Square
Sat May 14 1 pm Compassionate Picnic for all area veg*n meetups & friends
Sat May 14 7 pm Stand-Up for the Animals comedy show
Sun May 15 10 am Pre-Parade Breakfast at Sacred Chow
Sun May 15 Noon Veggie Pride Parade NYC 2011

Next week
Fri May 20 6:30 pm Let's Have Dinner at Horizons before it closes this summer

Sun May 29 1 pm Weekend bike ride to hit a bunch of vegan places in Brooklyn/Manhattan
Fri Jun 3 7 pm Vegan Bingo Night

VEGGIE PRIDE PARADE information, including how you can get involved as a volunteer
Please post all veggie meetups and similar events to...
I went to a vegan brunch of the...

Veg Power!

Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around NYC metro. Our history spans eight years, some 360 events and nearly 1,500 members. EatUP is one of's Biggest 100 groups.

Please say hi to me in-person at Veggie Prom 2011 May 13th, the big local area veg*n meetups picnic May 14th and Veggie Pride Parade May 15th :-)