Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › Plethora RoundUP (including Nutrition Facts, Deals (two expire TODAY) &

Plethora RoundUP (including Nutrition Facts, Deals (two expire TODAY) & our 4 Course Vegan birthday dinner)

Demetrius
aqknight
Astoria, NY
Post #: 693
Howdy herbivores

I'm still coming down from the most wonderful high!!!! Last weekend I attended Vida Vegan Con, the world's first all vegan bloggers conference, in Portland with over 200 bloggers and others. An AWESOME truly truly awesome weekend. Met some of my favorite bloggers including Vegan Crunk and Vegan Chai, went to the vegan mini mall once for lunch and then the late night sandwich pop-up, followed Robyn's push to dine at Portobello Trattoria twice (think 3 Bros higher end, farm fresh & ALL vegan) and appreciated many other mini adventures (love ya Homegrown Smoker) while networking for the movie and well-beyond ;-)

Please help NYC score its first Vegan Bodega by contributing to and promoting their fundraising campaign on indiegogo. If this is ANYthing like Portland's Food Fight, we want and need this business up & running NOW!

I went to Vida to show the final sneak preview of Vegucated, the vegan documentary I've been working on for a year plus. We world premiere at Toronto Independent Film Festival this Saturday September 10th at 9:30 pm. Please spread the word, share our trailer on YouTube, like us on Facebook and follow our antics on Twitter.

Our Hen House is becoming THE new vegan video house. Check out their newest Art of the Animal video featuring comedian Myq Kaplan. Myq has been a finalist on Last Comic Standing and is spreading veganism far and wide (such as on Conan, The Tonight Show, and our podcast!), and is doing so in a highly unusual way. Our Art of the Animal series features artists who speak up for animals through their artform. The video intersperses an interview with him with footage of him from Gotham Comedy Club. Also, please check out their VegFests 2011 Mash-Up, made in collaboration with VegNews.

Please support Dr. Michael Greger's Nutrition Facts, a new daily video project: the videos, Facebook and Twitter. His dream is to grow this into an authoritative source on the latest in plant-based nutrition.

Excited to learn about a new social buying site where you can save up to 75% on vegan and vegetarian dining nationwide, Time to Veg Out. Please sign up for their Facebook page.

DEALS

COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper
•• Please vote on your fellow members' event ideas. Two votes make them official, so they'll appear on EatUP's calendar (and future RoundUP(s) if I can keep up with everything.) ••

This week
Wed Sep 7 7 pm Wednesday Vegetarian Dinner at Quantum Leap * Kudos on 40 seats filled!
Thu Sep 8 Fashions Night Out Eco Style by Cri De Coeur (15% discount on all MooShoes purchases)
Thu Sep 8 Dinner at Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar, NJ
Sat Sep 10 Noon Bethlehem VegFest

Next week
Wed Sep 14 7 pm VegOut Explores the Commonality of Oppression! (Fun!)
Thu Sep 15 7 pm Third Thursday Veggies @ Veggie Heaven
Thu Sep 15 7:30 pm Have Mercy! (Fashion Event)
Fri Sep 16 7 pm Freshtarian Restaurant!

Beyond
Sun Sep 18 3 pmSeptember Potluck on Governors Island!
Sun Sep 18 2 pm VSSJ 25th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION and Gourmet International Vegan Food Tasting
Wed Sep 21 5 pm Vegan Art Show Opening Night Reception

Thu Sep 29 7 pm Vegan Drinks XLI
Sat Oct 1 7 am VegOut Gets Day Trippy - NY Vegetarian Expo in Albany!
Sat Oct 1 Noon NYC Vegan EatUP Lunch Bunch

Sun Oct 2 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club
Thu Oct 6 7:30 pm 4 Course Vegan dinner celebrating EatUP's 10th year
Thu Oct 6 8 pm Lights, Camera, Compassion (Mercy for Animals benefit)

Sun Oct 23 2 pm OktoberVest at M&M's house!

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
No new posts. I guess the board needed a summer vacay too.

Best for your remaining summer!
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around the NYC metro.
Our history spans nine years, nearly 400 events and sports 1,500+ members.