add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › Vegan baby BOOM RoundUP (featuring new roommate searches)

Vegan baby BOOM RoundUP (featuring new roommate searches)

Astoria, NY
Post #: 747
Hullo herbivores.

WORD! to your mothers, and those of you who are (about to be) mothers!! Continuing to hear about the many vegan babies on the way over the next handful of months – WOOHOO!. These growing families are around our greater metro including organizers, members and friends of EatUP :-) CONGRATULATIONS y'all!

Veggie Prom is coming up this Friday, so resolve what you’re going to wear, get your ticket and dance the night away while nibbling on great treats!

Still excited about discovering Fruity Hearts, a vegan watermelon+cherry flavored gummy candy from Surf Sweets. (Think this is my new go to if I'm feelin' blue and nibbly.) 

Squealed upon finding Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels AND Chickenless Crispy Tenders in the Chelsea Trader Joe’s freezer last Saturday. (Yes, actually squealed.) Mind you, this is Gardein (veggie meat product) albeit at a lesser price point and without their name proper on it! The morsels and sauce are tasty bits that could go nicely with a fried rice, pea pods, or similar. I’ve yet to make the tenders...

Finally made it to my main grocery store Westerly AND remembered to seek out Taste of Ethiopia’s prepared eats, recently written up in the NY Times! Bought their tekele gomen – cabbage and carrots with nice spices – for a reasonably good portion size. Was I suppose to heat these? Who cares! They’re really good cold :-)

Why do I note these various food finds in RoundUPs? I’m excited about new food finds and want to share the good/great ones with you all. Plus folks keep asking! Would love for you to help the vegan tipping point come sooner with you're sharing these options with other veg folk AND certainly your omni(vorous) peeps too.

Advance appreciation for your folks volunteering to help Veggie Pride Parade 2012 distribute promo postcards and other important tasks for this big event. Please check out all their needs and get in touch with them.

*** A few of us are looking for new renters/roommates who are veg*n(-friendly) and very much appreciate your help. Each situation is noted on EatUP’s message board, and noted far below. ***

Italicized events are beyond NYC Vegan EatUP's calendar proper

This week
Sun May 13 12:30 pm Vegucated Screening with filmmaker Marisa Miller Wolfson
Mon May 14 7 pm Making Links: Sausages, Speciesism, & Hum-an-imal Liberation
Tue May 15 7 pm Amazing New Book "Main Street Vegan" - NYC Premiere Book Signing & Talk with Author
Fri May 18 8 pm Veggie Prom 2012
Sat May 19 8 pm Vegan Cuisine, A Simple Art: Ten Course Tasting Menu... – very cool overnight roadtrip idea

Next week
Sun May 20 10:30 am 2012 Buddha's Light "Three Acts of Goodness" Festival
Sun May 20 12:30 pm "Let the Doughnut Do the Talking: Food as Activism"
Wed May 23 7 pm Zen Palate Dinner and Introduction to Mercy For Animals

Sun May 27 Noon Veggie Pride Parade 2012
Thu May 31 7 pm Vegan Drinks

Sun Jun 10 Noon Vegan Summer Shop-Up @ Pine Box Rock Shop * Vendors TBA
Sat Jun 16 Noon The Seed: A Vegan Experience

Sun Jul 1 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club

VEGAN EVENTS in New York and New Jersey
Brooklyn Brownstone Available to Share at End of May
Rental Apartment for Vegan/Vegetarian Only!
New roommate sought (June 1)

Appreciate growth!
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes vegan community and cuisine around the NYC metro.
Our history spans ten years, some 400 events and sporting 1,600 members.