add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Westchester NY Veggie EatUP Message Board › New Meetup: VSNW Harvest Festival at Weed Orchards

New Meetup: VSNW Harvest Festival at Weed Orchards

user 2495413
White Plains, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for The Vegetarian Social Network of Westchester!

What: VSNW Harvest Festival at Weed Orchards

When: October 5, 2008 9:00 AM

Price: $2.00 per adult

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: Hi Veggie Folks,

After a number of requests from members last night at our 1 Year Anniversary event, I'm scheduling an exciting event for us at Weed Orchards. This is one you won't want to miss. I just spoke on the phone to John Weed about the activities at his orchard, and I was told they have apple picking earlier in the day, then live 60s and 70s music from 12:30-3:30. The band's web site is Hurley Mountain Highway. Check out their music on the site. They sound great! Also, the orchard has their Harvest Festival on 10/5. At Weed Orchard, you'll find hayrides, farm market, gift shop, petting zoo, picnicing by the lake, face painting, sand art, hay maze, bakery, and much more! Bring the kids to this one because it's going to be fun for everyone!

We will meet at 9 am at the White Plains Bowl parking lot across from the front entrance of the bowling alley Rt. 119 (some of us met there for our Blooming Hill Farm event). Call me if you can't find us.

Since there is a scenic picnic area near the lake, so we can brown bag our lunch and maybe pick up some other food items there if we want. They have corn on the cob and fruits and veggies. They also have fresh bakery items.

Visit the orchard's web site Weed Orchardsfor more information about this exciting place.

Parking is free, admission is free, hay rides are free, fun is free!

I'm looking forward to this one, and I hope everyone can make it!

Learn more here: