Let's meet at Stone Barns - near the bookstore and Cafe, walk the trails in Rockefeller Preserve and return to Stone Barns around 10 am for a cup of coffee or any refreshment they are serving at the Cafe. This is for exercise. Bring water and dress in layers. I plan to walk 5-6 miles.
Stone Barns, 630 Bedford Road, Pocantico Hills, NY 10591 (if using a GPS enter Tarrytown, NY 10591) Vehicle Entry Fee:$10.00 per vehicle. I am checking to see if parking before 9:00 am is free, otherwise if you don't want to pay, you will have to park by the road in the few legal spots. Make sure you check. I will update this later.
From points South
- Take 87 North (New York State Thruway) to Saw Mill River Parkway North to Exit 23, Eastview.
- At the light make a left.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Lake Road.
- Lake Road will merge onto Route 448. Continue for approximately 0.8 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
From points North
- Take Saw Mill River Parkway South to Exit 23, Saw Mill River Road/Eastview.
- At the light, turn right.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Lake Road.
- Continue straight onto Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 0.7 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
From points North
- Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117 to Route 448
- Continue on Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 1.7 miles. Entrance on the right.
From points East
- Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway).
- Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119.
- Take Route 119 to the end.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9.
- Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles.
- Make a right onto Route 448/Bedford Road.
- Follow up hill and make a left at the stop sign, continuing on Route 448.
- Continue approximately 0.5 miles. Entrance will be on the left.
From points West
- Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.
- Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North.
- Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
- Take the Metro North Hudson line to Tarrytown.
- For scheduling and additional train information, visit www.mta.nyc.us.
- Taxis are usually available at the station.
By participation in this event, you have read and agree to this WAIVER:
In consideration of my being accepted to participate and/or actually participating in the above-described event, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns (1) waive and release any rights and claims for damages for injuries that may arise against Westchester Wanderers Meetup Group, their organizers, event organizers, event helpers, members, employees and agents, from my participation in the event, (2) agree not to commence any legal action to recover such damages, (3) agree, if I violate the previous clause, to hold harmless and indemnify defendants for any attorneys' fees and other costs that I may incur and I agree to pay for any and all expenses and damages incurred by them in defending such legal action, and (4) grant Westchester Wanderers permission to use my name, photograph or likeness. In addition, I hereby attest that I am fully aware that hiking (and walking on paved or unpaved roads or trails) is a dangerous activity that can result in injury and/or death and that I am adequately physically fit to participate in the hike and that I attend this event completely at my own risk with no expectations whatsoever of other members of the group. I hereby attest that I am fully aware that there is no cost to me required to be a member of the group or to attend any of the group's walking or hiking events, and that Westchester Wanderers and its members are not a business or commercial operation, that it does not carry liability or medical insurance for its members and that any voluntary donations of money or other valuable goods that I contribute to the group or any of its members for any reason does not constitute a purchase of service nor does it entitle me to any rights or relationships with respect to the group or any of its members.
By adding your RSVP online to this event/hike or attending this event/hike, you are agreeing to and accepting the following:
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the EVENT(S) as described in this event posting above organized by or in association with Westchester Wanderers Meetup Group (hereinafter “GROUP”), EACH OF THE participants who RSVP for and/or attend the event/hike, for himself, his personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin:
1. Acknowledges, agrees, and represents that he has or will immediately upon entering any area in which the EVENT is to occur (“EVENT AREAS”), and will continuously thereafter, inspect the EVENT AREAS which he/she enters, and he/she further agrees and warrants that, if at any time, he/she is in or about EVENT AREAS and he/she feels anything to be unsafe, he/she will immediately advise the organizers of the EVENT of such and if necessary will leave the EVENT AREAS and/or refuse to participate further in the EVENT(S).
2. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the members of the GROUP, organizers, promoters, participants, sanctioning organizations or any subdivision thereof, rescue personnel, any persons in any EVENT AREA, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the EVENT(S), premises and event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the premises or EVENT(S) and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees, all for the purpose herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE PARTICIPANT, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFOR ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
4. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
5. HEREBY acknowledges that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE PARTICIPANTS, also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. HEREBY agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by the Releasees, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the Province or State in which the EVENT(S) is/are conducted and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND DO SO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY ONLINE RSVP FOR AND/OR ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.