The Westchester Novice Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › CAN I JUST SHOW UP ON A HIKE?

CAN I JUST SHOW UP ON A HIKE?

Closed to new replies

Paula
pdibernardo
Group Organizer
Lake Peekskill, NY
I received several emails in the last few days from folks asking if there is space on the two hikes that are listed.

(Both hikes are clearly FULL)

and wanting to know if they can 'just show up'

Seems that they have been told by a member or members that its ok to do that... (NO, not OK)

On our last hike I was also told by several members that a member had told them this directly.

I am not sure where any members have gotten that idea as our hikes have had LIMITS for quite a while now and I have always made it clear that it is
Not Cool to just show up - Not allowed

We have increased the limit on some hikes, while decreasing the limits on others. Our reasons? Primarily, SAFETY and ENJOYMENT of ALL - including the hike leaders and myself.

Please respect the rules of this group and do not "just show up". All our hikes have limits - please RSVP. If a hike is full you can RSVP NO and indicate you'd like to come if a space opens up and then follow the suggestions in this link:
http://hiking.meetup....­

If you have any questions/comments regarding this policy or anything else please feel free to email me directly, just click on my picture or the links on the left of your screen.

Thank you for reading the event posts, emails/message board/FAQS I send out. We put ALOT of time and effort into making this group and its events a wonderful experience for everyone, including us!
Our reward is your enjoyment, and knowledge that we've created safe, fun, smoothly run events.

Thanks and see you soon

~paula