Our Ride Rating System - Group Ride Information - Club Events Calendar - Contact Us! - Join Us!
What is the WWBC?
Western Wheelers Bicycle Club, Inc., is a nonprofit organization based on the San Francisco Peninsula. It hosts a variety of rides every month to suit cyclists of all abilities. We have regular weekday morning rides, evening rides during the summer, and rides every weekend. Currently, most rides are road rides, but mountain bikes can be used. Guests are welcome on club rides, unless the description of the ride says that it’s for members only. If you go on a few rides and find them enjoyable, then you are encouraged to join the club.LDT Ride Series
The Long Distance Training (LDT) is a series of weekend rides, usually on Saturdays, that start out easy in January and get progressively more difficult each week until the conclusion of the series at the end of May. There are several routes offered, with the riders usually meeting together for lunch. While the LDT rides are open to everyone, we encourage anyone who has been on a few of the rides to join the club.Sequoia
The club’s big annual event is the Sequoia Century, providing the opportunity to complete a fully supported 100-mile ride. This event takes place every year on the first Sunday in June. There are options ranging in length and difficulty from 50k(~31mi) to 200k(~120mi).Club Meetings
We have evening meetings with speakers on a variety of topics. Meetings are held every one to two months and are open to the public. We also have Spring and Fall picnics, an annual Ride Leader Barbecue, a December Holiday Party and the Christmas Lights Ride and Potluck. Members receive the monthly newsletter, The Flat Tyre, and can attend members-only rides, picnics, and other special events. Western Wheelers Email List
We have an email list where people can post bicycling related information/announcements, and any pertinent club ride information (route sheets, cancellations, etc). You do not have to be a member of Western Wheelers to join this list.
Posting messages to the list (List members only):
Send messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a blank/empty message to email@example.com
Send a blank/empty message to firstname.lastname@example.orgMember Discounts
Members enjoy a 10% discount at the following bicycle stores and businesses. Please indicate your WW membership BEFORE making the purchase. Exceptions may apply to complete bicycles, labor, and sale or special-order items. Your copy of the Flat Tyre newsletter with your name and address printed on it or the membership card in your copy of the directory can be used as proof of membership.
- The Bicycle Connection 2086 El Camino Real, Palo Alto (650) 424-8034
- Cupertino Bike Shop 10493 So. De Anza Blvd., Cupertino (408) 255-2217
- Menlo Velo 433 El Camino Real, Menlo Park (650) 327-5137
- Sports Basement 1177 Kern Ave, Sunnyvale (408) 732-0300 x7205
- Walt’s Cycle & Fitness 116 Carroll St., Sunnyvale (408) 736-2630
Discounts other than 10%:
- GoRide Bicycles (Formerly Garner’s Pro Bike) - 20% off accessories and clothing, 15% off parts and labor, and 10% off all bikes. 2755 El Camino Real, Redwood City (650) 366-BIKE
- Integrate Performance Fitness - Complimentary fitness evaluation session and a 15% discount on everything with a valid proof of membership. 2624 Fayette Dr, Suite D, Mountain View 650-224-4354
- Tsui Yu (Helen) Lee, licensed cosmetologist 20% off haircuts, styling, coloring, and perms for members and their families. Children welcome. 2447 Alvin St., Mountain View. Call (650) 996-6869 for an appointment. Evening appointments available. email@example.com
- Mike's Bikes - 15% off parts & accessories (anything we sell). All that’s needed is a valid club ID. 3001 El Camino Real Palo Alto (650) 858-7700 and 201 N Santa Cruz Ave. Los Gatos (408) 402-5550