addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Western Montana Photography Message Board › Worldwide photowalk

Worldwide photowalk

Piyali M.
user 10579449
Hamilton, MT
Post #: 11
Hello fellow Photographers,

Anyone interested in leading this years Scott Kelby's worldwide photowalk? Apparently no group from Montana have registered yet for this event, this would be a great opportunity for our group and also loads of fun.

The link for this event:

http://worldwidephoto...­

Piyali
Peter D.
user 10843012
Missoula, MT
Post #: 39
Hey, thanks for taking point on this, Piyali. You're gonna be a great walk leader!
Piyali M.
user 10579449
Hamilton, MT
Post #: 12
Hi Peter,

I don't think I can lead a walk yet, i am not that organized..how about you? I'll follow suit :)

Piyali
Peter D.
user 10843012
Missoula, MT
Post #: 40
Ummmm ... organized? Is that a requirement? Besides, I don't own a suit.
Piyali M.
user 10579449
Hamilton, MT
Post #: 13
OK here are the qualities they are looking for in a leader:

Leader Qualifications:
Someone who can lead a group of people safely from one place to another.
Someone who has organized events, lead a camera club, organized another photo walk, or has other qualifications as a leader.

What say? I have never organized any events so I am automatically disqualified..

Piyali
Ryan
RyanSnow
Missoula, MT
Post #: 2

I second the nomination for Piyali! I've been looking for a chance to photograph some fall foliage. Do you know of any places we could go?

Ryan
Peter D.
user 10843012
Missoula, MT
Post #: 42
Piyali, you're a shoo-in with the "other qualifications as a leader". I'll do it if nobody else will, but c'mon, it's a group group. Participate, y'all! I'd likely make something that takes a long time, so chime in about good short routes.

Ryan's idea about foliage might work. What would the rest of you want to do with this, do a street-photo walk or a street-nature combo? Foliage is good around the memorial, but it's a little way from downtown.
Peter D.
user 10843012
Missoula, MT
Post #: 43
OK, so two people out of 130 are interested. I'm going to Glacier for the rest of the week.

Y'all have about 4 hours to convince me to schedule a WWPW.
Piyali M.
user 10579449
Hamilton, MT
Post #: 14
Yess the smoke is killing us...but it's getting better each day. For Ryan, there are some gorgeous fall colors at Daly mansion..I went there yesterday. I also went by the river in Hamilton last evening and saw some nice fall colors there as well. The smoke didn't matter so much around that hour because the fall leaves kind of looked neat in the warm sunset colors. Hope this helps!!

Piyali