Apr 15, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Monthly Potluck OUTDOORS
with good food and friends, new and old
A time to make our favorite culinary creations and share them with fellow Adventurers.
Spring is here, we are anticipating a warm evening (?) and we are excited about the 1st of our monthly potlucks for 2013 outdoors. We did these April - October last year and they were a big hit.
It is most likely that each warm weather potluck will be a different location; a lake, a member's back yard, another park picnic area, etc. If you have suggestions for where to hold these events, please let Mary &/or Doug know.
We will change the format around from indoor potlucks. Tonight 6-7 PM will be exercise time and 7-8 devoted to FOOD and socializing.
Meet at 7 PM with your food and to enjoy the delights that others bring too.
If you want to:
- Hike of either Sepent's Trail or Old Gordon Trail - if you have a preference please post it in the comments section.
- Cycle up the East entrance road in the Monument or do a more mellow ride in the Redlands
- Rappel on the small cliffs about 7 minute walk from the picnic area.5:30 PM RSVP on seperate event.
- Maybe you have another exercise idea you and others might enjoy before potluck dinner?
At 7 PM we will gather at the Devils Kitchen Picnic Shelter, about 1/3 mile inside the East Entrance to CO Natl Monument, on the right side of the road. There is a little spur drive that goes right to the picnic shelter (and restrooms). Picnic tables and shelter from the elements are available. 7 PM will be POTLUCK time.
What to bring:
- food for the pot luck - main dish, salad, dessert- your choice
- your own serving plates and utensils ((do not count on these items being provided though there may be some extras))
- beverage of choice (adult beverages in moderation are OK); and, cups
- paper towels &/or napkins
- Plastic bags, tupperware, etc for clean-up & left overs
- Note pad & pen or a smart phone for taking notes about ideas for where you want to go and what you want to do with WSA in Spring & Summer 2013.
Please state in your RSVP which, if any exercise you want to participate in before dinner; or go RSVP for hiking, biking or rappelling on those respective event pages.
Doug Van Etten [masked]-4312.