Full Moon Hike to
the Orange Dome
We will probably reach the top of the Dome in time to view the sunset and see the moon well up in the sky by the time the solar orb disappears.
While we will not make this a Full Moon potluck hike (those will start when it's a little warner next month), I still suggest you may want to bring along some goodies for yourself &/or to share; and a maybe hot beverage,
Meet at Doug & Mary's house at 7 PM and we'll walk right from the front door. Plan to be out about 2.5 hours but you can turn back sooner if you like.
- Headlamp or flashlight (for the shadowy areas there always seem to be with a full moon)
- Dress for warm start & hiking then cooling off when we reach the top and as evening cools
- Trekking poles (optional but some people will like them on some loose gravelly stuff we will walk over)
- Snacks, finger foods, chocolate or small yummies to share
- Water & optional hot beverage
- Musical instruments (small, portable; or, larger and a porter to carry it)
- Small backpack to carry all your stuff
KIDS &/or FIDO:
This is a pretty easy hike - about 45 minutes one way so feel welcome to bring your hiking youngsters and since we will be on BLM lands - Kodel Canyon trails - the family dog is welcome.
Sometimes when we come up here for the full moon Ruxton or Andy or Beth bring a rope and rappelling gear. If you may be interested in being introduced to rappelling or have done some and want to do a bit more this evening, please mention that in your RSVP. If you do want to do this please bring a helmet (can be climbing, bike, boating, ski helmet). If you do not have other gear, that is OK we can bring loaner gear.
Doug Van Etten [masked]