Let's go ride our Road bikes ~~~~
I am thinking it would be fun to ride out from the " Hot Tomato" and do some of the back roads behind Fruita. We will try to time it so we can have a drink and some pizza when we get back. The Tomato closes at 9 PM and it is dark by then so you know we'll be back no later than say, 8:30.
I would like everyone to be comfortable riding so we will set the pace so everyone can enjoy themselves. This is a 37 mile ride according to the map but we will cut it to about 18 miles (see maps below and then go to Fruita Farms Alphabet Ride). If you have a mirror please bring it.
- Obviously your bike
- HELMET REQUIRED on WSA rides
- Spare tube and repair stuff (if you have it)
- Clear, yellow or other glasses for bugs as much as for sun. $8-18 safety glasses at places like Home Depot are great for biking.
- Water in bottles or hydration pack
- Quick energy snacks
- Dry shirt in the car for after the ride
- A few $$$ in case we decide to stop or go out after
We may repeat this event every Wednesday (or another night) and see if we can get some interest in wed night rides on some of the different rides in the valley.
If we get enough interest we can expand it to other areas not so close on the weekends.
For info, questions or map:
Jim Landis [masked]