Jul 8, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is no longer available
WSA July Monthly Potluck is on the Patio
For those of you pathfinders, drive to the intersection of Redlands Parkway and Broadway, continue south on South Broadway. After 1 mile you will pass South Camp Road on the left and shortly pass Riggs Hill Parking on the Right. Take the next left onto Meadows Way, 2nd right onto Avenal Lane, 1st left is Meadows Court. The gray modified A frame as the cul-d-sac opens and the matching view to the left means you have arrived. Ok to park in the middle of the cul-d-sac but leave space for neighbors to get out.
For those of you looking to take in the hiking opportunities in the area, the Riggs Hill area a couple blocks north has some great hiking trails and views of the city and the monument. Serpents Trail is just 5 minutes away at the other end of South Camp. A 6:00 area biking start from the house the length of South Camp Road and back should see the group back by 7:00. Have one set Boce ball available for 4, if others have set, please bring to expand teams.
Left Riggs Hill west summit
Center summit below
Petting the Lions ok but NO FISHING in the pond!
Fire pit available for those staying when the sunlight fades to dark!!
Please note in your RSVP if you will be doing so others can co-ordinate with you:
- casual bike ride on South Camp Road, departing from the house at 6 PM, alternate plan to ride South Broadway towards the Monument.
- Hiking the Riggs Hill trails circuit, same 6 pm plan
- Hike Serpents Trail
- Boce Ball, appreciate members bringing additional sets
This is a family friendly event. Since there will be a lot of people and the three territorial house cats who prowl the property, please do not bring the family dog.
What to bring:
- food for the pot luck - main dish, salad, dessert- your choice
- folding chair, camp char, lawn chair (we have a dozen chairs and several tables)
- your own serving plates and utensils
- beverage of choice (adult beverages in moderation are very OK) The Aspen Valley Vineyards (absolutely the smallest winery in Colorado) will provide wine tastings.
Directions: See above or better yet Mapquest 2178 Meadows Court !!!
See you there!!
Lon Carpenter[masked] with any questions about the venue or if you get lost because you didn't mapquest: