• Kayak Clinic
OK, so you really like the idea of kayaking on the beautiful rivers of Western Colorado, but you're not so sure if you have the right equipment or if you are ready to navigate the rapids. Take a lesson!! This is the safe, responsible way to learn the sport !!
Rondo, from Rapid Creek, will be facilitating this clinic. In this session, you will have the opportunity to learn:
• How to read the river
• River safety and self rescue
• Paddling techniques
• How to fit equipment to your personal ability
• Confidence to take your skills to another level
If you are a beginner, you should have the experience and physical ability to run rapids, as this is a class II river run from Grizzly Creek to Two Rivers Park in Glenwood Springs. To enroll in this clinic, you should have had some experience on the river and have the strength to paddle and swim through fast moving water.
Please call Rondo at (970)[masked] to set up a credit card payment. You are not registered for the clinic until you have paid a deposit or full payment to Rondo. You can rent a kayak from Rondo at Rapid Creek, Rim Rock Adventures in Fruita, or Colorado Mesa University's Outdoor Center.
What to Bring:
• kayak and paddle, your own or rental
• helmet (required on all Meet-up river activities) and life jacket
• dry bag for sunscreen, lunch, water and water proof jacket (the weather can rapidly change in the mountains, be prepared for a chance of rain)
• water proof river shoes or sandals (I like to wear Hydroskin socks and river shoes so the toes are protected!)
• change of dry clothes (You can take them in your dry bag or leave them in the car.)
• money for gas to pay the driver if you are car pooling
Call Laney Heath ( 970 )[masked] if you have questions!