CANYONEERING in Moab area
Entrajo Canyon then Pleiades (7 small waterfalls) Canyon
These are both short canyons and both will be 'wet'. Entrajo will be warm and wet from recent rains filling holes. I do not recall anything that will be a swim but there will be some wading. Since this is down in the desert we want to do it in the cool of the morning.
Each canyon may take a small group about 2-3 hours; a larger group probably 3-4 hours for each canyon. With the drive over, the drive between loactions and the canyons, it will be a full day.
Pleiades is the only clear, cold water, waterfall in this part of Utah. A 10-15 minute walk from the car will bring us to a drainage to work our way down. Then almost miraculously, a stream emerges from the ground and plunges immediately over 7 small waterfalls. This is off the La Sal Mountain Road at least 2000' elevation higher than Moab, we will do this canyon during the heat of the late afternoon. Total walk to the first rappel may be 20-25 minutes; return walk to the cars is nothing longer.
Meet at 7 AM at Starvin Arvins in Fruita for carpooling &/or caravanning.
• All the usual canyoneering gear
• HELMET REQUIRED for all WSA canyoneering adventures
• Wet suit if you have one
• Raincoat to shed the water falling in Pleiades (wetsuit might, depending on how much flow there is, be more comfortable but not necessary)
• Extra dry clothes and shoes to be left in the car
• Lunch & snacks (can eat lunch at the car between canyons. They are a 30-45 minute drive apart)
• Drinking water
Doug Van Etten [masked]
### Acknowledgement of Risk ###
Please read the A of R statement and respond with "I accept", if you do, in the hidden questions.