Raft, Canoe , Kayak, SUP . . . Let's Get on the Gunnison River today
Photos borrowed from Jerry's River Guide
We meet Sunday morning at 9am at the City Market in Orchard Mesa.
Escalante Canyon to Dominguez Canyon - 13.2 miles (day float)
Look at details on the Rafting In Colorado web site or
Jerry's River Guide
Escalante Canyon Rd Access Latitude/Longitude:[masked],[masked]
Road access points & river MAP PRINTED INFO
If you will be coming from down south - Olathe, Montrose, etc. send me an email and we will figure out a time to meet at the put-in.
• A boat & the necessary paddles or oars (if you do not have a boat, announce that in your RSVP to see if any rafters want/ need paddlers)
• PFD - Lifejacket I think probably required by state law. Definitely required on all WSA trips and it must be worn properly. Have a plastic whistle on your PFD (not attached to the zipper-pull)
• Throw rope/ bag - optional but all river runners who own them, bring them
• Dry bag or 2x/3x plastic bag wrap for spare warm, dry clothes
• Dress for warm or cool weather; sunny or not; wet muddy feet
• Sun &/or bug protection
• Lunch & high energy snacks
• Easter Eggs (real, chocolate, plastic, or . . . ); Bunny ears, other day-appropriate stuff
• Water &/ or other non-alcoholic beverages
• Spare paddle (optional, suggested)
• Boat repair kit (optional for your type of boat)
• Camera, binoculars, GPS (all optional but fun)
RIVER FLOW & WEATHER:
Water level & the other stuff
In comments please tell what boat you are bringing. If you need a boat or need a paddler in your boat post that and a cell # so contacts can be made in advance of the trip.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of RISK
Please read this and in the hidden RSVP questions, type the response "I accept', if you do.
Doug Van Etten[masked]