We'll meet here to carpool and or share information about time and rock hounding location.
My thought is to head to the Bookcliffs off of CR 25. Once out there we'll stop at a large shale pile but after that there are lots of possible roads to choose from so it's important that we meet first to decide our destination. The goal is to find Barite Crystals and fossil Ammonites.
- Take the phone number for those who want to join later. [masked]
- Bring rock hammers if you have them (regular hammers if you don't)
- Pack or bag for carrying out what you find (I pick up "just cool rocks) if I can't find what I'm going for.
- Dogs are fine.
- Hike if you don't want to look at rocks.
- Bring your cameras for a photo outing if you don't want to collect rocks.
Weather looks good so far. Trip is on if windy but not raining or snowing under the premise that it is difficult to find rocks under a cold snow layer. I am open to changing locations if the rock hounding book says there is something better or if any of you have a better idea for where we can find cool rocks.