addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

What's Cookin ? Message Board › Grannie's Bake-Off Competition =)

Grannie's Bake-Off Competition =)

A former member
Post #: 9
Dear Cooking/Baking Enthusiasts,

I wanted to share with you an event that I'm planning for a local nonprofit, The National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights. On Sunday, April 22, 2012, we are hosting the first annual Grannie's Bake-Off event at the Troy Hilton Garden Inn, from 11am-3pm.

Amateur bakers are invited to enter a baked good and/or decorated cake they prepare in advance at home. They will be judged by a panel of judges, who include William Dowd, editor and publisher of Dowd's Guides, a portfolio of websites and blogs dealing with food, drink, and destinations, Ruth Fantasia, a food and features editor at the Times Union, Christian Noe, owner and chef of Nighthawk's Kitchen in Troy and first place winner of the Mac & Cheese Bowl and Ric Orlando, owner and chef of New World Home Cooking Cafe and New York Catering in Woodstock, Chef at New World Bistro Bar in Albany, 2010 Food Network CHOPPED CHAMPION, among many other accomplishments.

Registration is only $15 a person per category, and includes an admission ticket to the event. Admission allows you the chance to sample baked goods from local professional bakeries, to enter raffles, and for families, to enjoy activities for children.

Event registration can be found online at http://www.grandparentsforchildren.org/events­. You can contact me here if you have any questions!

Thanks!
-Allie