Apr 13, 2013 · 9:45 AM
This location is shown only to members
Did it last year. Want to do it again. Let's ride.
The Plan ...
A lot of people think that the only place to pedal in the city is Central Park, where you only have to dodge other bikers, joggers and pedestrians. We know better. We're going to feel the exhilaration of truly seeing this town on two wheels, we're going to circle the perimeter of the Isle of Manhattan using its waterfront greenway.
We'll start our journey in Battery Park, make our way up the Hudson River Greenway, on through the nabes of Harlem, Washington Heights, and Inwood. We certainly can't pass through Northern Manhattan without stopping for some good latin food, this time it's at Cachapas y Mas on Dyckman Street. Once we're done, we'll make our way cross town and continue down the East River Greenway back to our starting point.
Note: If you want to join this ride you will need to start with the group. I will not be making pick ups en route. I will also not be answering texts/calls after 10:00 AM.
Here is the cue sheet for the ride http://goo.gl/maps/qhbCt. Print and bring it so you can catch up with the group in case you get separated.
The Important Stuff ...
- This is going to be a casually-paced (10 - 12 mph) ride of about 30 miles. Most of the ride will take place in greenways and bike lanes but there will be parts with some automobile congestion. You must be comfortable riding in a group and in traffic. Helmets are suggested.
- Make sure your bike is in good working order before the meetup and bring a lock in case we need to leave our cycles. Bring a patch repair kit, air pump, and spare inner tube.
- Rain cancels the meetup.
- Check your email the evening before you head out for last minute meetup updates as well as my mobile phone number which will be sent to those who RSVP.
- Please DO NOT RSVP if you do not seriously plan to attend as space is limited. No flakes allowed! If you RSVP and I notice that you have a number of no shows or have a history of last minute cancellations, you will be removed.
- Sorry, no guests allowed for this one.