Apr 14, 2013 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
M-W-G Manhattan Waterfront Greenway
Join us as we experience out on MWG Manhattan Waterfront Greenway - NYC West side Greenway. The distance is 7 miles ride from Battery Lane to 96th Street, then 7 miles back to the original meet up location. This is a beautiful route along the City's Hudson all throughout out Manhattan's West Village, Lower Manhattan, Midtown and Upper West Side viewing all of New Jersey's east site water front.
Where do we meet:
- We meet at: Equinox @ 92nd Street (Broadway)
- We meet at 10:30 am
- We start at 11:00 am
- Please note after 11:00 We will be on the road - Accepting any text, phone calls etc will not be done
This will not work unless you show up on time
starting at 96th St and back to Battery Lane (Wagner Park - facing Statue of Liberty) and back!
There are some simple rules:
- There will be no, side-saddle horse riding, due the limited space shared amongst rollerblader(s), joggers, walkers and all pedestrians we have to respect the limited amount of space.
- Please ride behind one another and give a decent amount of distance.
- We will be pacing ourselves - This is not speed riding
- We will be riding under the buddy system. How does this work?
- There will be a times through out the route that we will take breaks as a group. However, there are times where you will need to stop, if so, guaranteed (from experience) someone will need to stop as well. I ask that everyone introduce themselves to someone when we initially meet. The route is located on the map will will stop at Pier 92 (54th Street ) by the large bottle. We will dismount and enjoy the view while eating before our bathroom break.
- We will break to eat and make several stops at my favorite place for photo opportunities
There will be bathroom stops through out the ride and time to take pictures of the view.
There are areas where you will have to dismount off of bikes and walk, please pay attention to the signs
What should I bring:
- You and your bike and protect gear (helmet)
- Layered clothing (if cold) (light clothing - you will get warm)
- Back pack (food & water)
- SPF - Comfortable clothing (preferably light)
- Helmets and any other protective gear
- Suggested Cameras