addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Wheyward Bound Cheesemaking Club of Sonoma County Message Board › Good read for pros, or those going pro

Good read for pros, or those going pro

A former member
Post #: 6
Erna found this research article from the UC Davis Extention on Cheesemakers in Sonoma/Marin. Looks like a good read for anyone interested in professional cheesemaking around here...they interviewed many of the pros and discuss the core issues that need development for greater regional success.

http://cemarin.ucdavi...­

linda c.
WhoopsieCheese
Santa Rosa, CA
Post #: 1
I found this study to be very informative, as I am at the beginning stage of cheese making. I now have a better understanding of the local cheese making history. I definitely think having a special regional designation for Sonoma and Marin is critical for the future of artisan and farmstead cheese. Great article and interesting read!