Wheyward Bound Cheesemaking Club of Sonoma County Message Board › College of Marin cheese classes

College of Marin cheese classes

A former member
Post #: 2
There are a variety of cheesemaking classes offered at the College of Marin. They have made a system where you take the 5 classes they offer, then you are certifiable. Anyway, if you look up their catalog you can see the classes they offer. I have taken two of them, and found them to be greatly informative. They fill up really fast, as they are extremely popular. the cheese classes are under "food&wine"
www.marin.edu/PDFs/CES_Winter2011_Sche­dule.pdf
A former member
Post #: 7
So what you're saying is you are halfway certifiable? hehehe..just kidding.

How far in advance did you need to sign up to actually get a spot?
A former member
Post #: 4
I;m not sure, I don't know how they structure their classes, but if you enroll and then register, you would at least be on a wait list if you didn't make the class. I had a hard time getting information from the offices you would think had appropriate info. but as they say..the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
A former member
Post #: 11
Yeah, that sounds about like I had suspected. So you gotta have luck on your side to get in.
A former member
Post #: 2
From my experience, they are indeed very hard to get into. Hopefully, if the demand is there, they will offer more classes.