Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to the White Mountain Wheelwoman!
We are a group of women cyclists who want to participate in structured group rides that will improve our cycling skills and finess level.
Our club is run by volunteers who emphasize safe and courteous cooperative riding techniques Each ride offers three or four group rides that vary in mileage and pace. Riders can choose the group that will best meet their needs for the whole season or just for that evening. Rides may differ from the scheduled ride due to weather, turn out, and the desires of the group. Most riders have at least a moderate level of fitness and time on their bike before joining the group rides.
Safe and Courteous riding is the Wheelwomen Way
Challenging pace ~ Experienced riders who devote time to training/racing ~ Extensive group riding experience ~ Pace Line is expected ~ Average speed = 17-20mph
riders typically ride 2-3X a week ~ brisk pace ~ more re-groups ~ groups within group are often formed based on pace preference ~ more opportunity to learn skills ~ Pace Line is expected ~ Average speed = 15-17 mph
Less competitive ~ slower yet consistent pace ~ more time enjoying each other's company while riding ~ Average speed = 10-15mph
New to Group Riding?....That's OK! Give us a call:
Patty Dimick - 603-254-7879
Leann Stokoe - 603-412-2759
New Riders should....
*give us a call to let us know you are coming so we can look out for you
* arrive early so we can introduce you to the group and get you comfortable
* posses or be committed to learning group riding skills
* get your bike checked out at Rhino Bike Works if you have any doubts
* don't be afraid to get dropped. It happens to everyone and you can only get stronger!
* if you decide to drop off and ride by yourself, make sure you let the group leader of the ride know.
All Riders are encourage to embrace the following protocol:
* 3-5 mile warm up
* 2-3 mile cool down
* Choose the appropriate group - out of respect for the other riders, don't jump in over your head.
* Learn the route
* intitiate re-groups
* keep an eye out for the last rider
* well maintained, multi-geared road bikes are required
WMWW Dues: $10.oo paid to Maureen Ebner by May 1st help support group gifts, food for gatherings, etc...
Paying members receive a discount at RHINO BIKE WORKS
White Mountain Wheel Women Officers
Co-Presidents: Patty Dimick & Leann Stokoe
Treasurer: Maureen Ebner
Staff Meteorologist and ride caller: Maureen Ebner
Tour Organizers: Mary Sampson , Jane Kellogg, Sandra Jones, & Sue McLane