addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Jeannine
user 3075242
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Post #: 8
Hi All,
I am looking to buy into a cow share program near Herndon, VA; any recommendations on good programs? The only one I have found, so far, is Hedgebrook Farm.

Thanks,
Jeannine
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I am looking to buy into a cow share program near Herndon, VA; any recommendations on good programs? The only one I have found, so far, is Hedgebrook Farm.

Thanks,
Jeannine

We aren't THAT close to Herndon - but we have one in Purcellville, VA. There is a waiting list - but we are starting to open back up as we get more milk :) www.chicamarun.com

Dana
Sarah G.
user 10864447
Lovettsville, VA
Post #: 10
Hi Jeannine,

This month we launched our cow share program here at Sunny Knoll EcoFarm. We produce 100% grass-fed milk from organically fed and managed cows. Our cows eat no grain, no soy, no GMO's. Our pastures are managed organically and we purchase certified organic hay when pasture is not growing in the winter. Our cows are certified A2/A2, meaning that they produce the original A2 protein and none of the mutated A1 protein in their milk.

Our mission is to produce the absolute healthiest raw milk possible.

We have cow shares now available. You can read more about us on our website at http://sunnyknollecof...­. To start getting our raw milk, contact me to schedule a time to come to the farm where you'll sign the cow share contract, make a payment, and meet the cow and see our milking procedures if you want to. You'll be able to take raw milk home with you the same day.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and am always delighted to talk about cows and raw milk. I can be reached by email at sarah@sunnyknollecofarm.com

Best regards,
Sarah

Sarah Greenleaf
Sunny Knoll EcoFarm
www.sunnyknollecofarm.com
Sara
user 3140219
Group Organizer
Reva, VA
Post #: 43
Hi Jeannine,

We have a large list of resources including farms offering cow shares under the "Pages" tab at the top:
http://www.meetup.com/WholeNutrition/about/­

Also, the Files section contains all the resources listed in our Meetup group pages as a downloadable Word document (file is called Handout Source List 2011). You can get to the Files section by selecting the "More" tab at the top, and then selecting "Files". Here is a direct link:
http://www.meetup.com/WholeNutrition/files/­

Regards,
Sara