Wild Foodies of Philly Message Board General Message Board Entries › I'm giving away hosta - which is attractive and edible!

I'm giving away hosta - which is attractive and edible!

Lynn L.
user 6046027
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA

Hi all - A local gardener was digging out a lot of his hosta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosta­) and was going to put it in the trash.  It is a very nice variety and edible.  We will be away for the weekend, but please come and get it before it dries out. It is in 3 black trash bags in front of our car (a beige mini cooper with black stripes).  Our neighborhood parking lot is at the corner of Locust and S. Jessup Streets between 11th and 12th Streets.  Bring this email with you, if anyone questions you.

Thanks!

Lynn

A former member
Post #: 2
Lynn
It is amazing what people will throw away. A block south of where I live there is a Black Walnut Tree and the home owners are allowing them to fall into the street and get ran over by cars. I have been able to collect a few. I can understand acorns because of their difficulty in making edible, but walnuts...come on!

Mike G