addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Wild Foodies of Philly Message Board Wildlife, insects, grubs, worms, etc. › Assistance requested: Morris Arboretum looking into entomophagy - bug eating

Assistance requested: Morris Arboretum looking into entomophagy - bug eating

Lynn L.
user 6046027
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Please contact Michelle Conners (see below) if you are interested in the field of entomophagy and would be interested in partnering on an event!   If you could copy me on your response to Michelle that would be good as I would like to track this subject.  Lynn

----- Original Message -----
To: lynnlandes@earthlink.net
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 14:58
Subject: entomophagy

Hello.

The upcoming seasonal exhibit here at The Morris Arboretum is called Big Bugs.  These are huge sculptural insects that will be located throughout the garden.  We are scheduling related programming.  One of the topics I am really interested is entomophagy and insects as an alternative food source, and I’d like to do an event for adults around that theme.  Since the exploration of the this topic is also one of the goals of your group, Wild Foodies of Philly, I wondered if you have anyone in your group particularly interested in this topic who might like to partner on an event.  Or perhaps you know of people or resources in this area.  Anything would be helpful as I am just starting to look into this.

Thank you,
Michelle Conners
Public Programs Event Coordinator
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
100 E. Northwestern Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19119
mconners@upenn.edu
215-247-5777, ext. 109
215-248-4439 (fax)
www.morrisarboretum.org