addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Willamette Earth Based Spirituality Message Board › What do YOU want to do?

What do YOU want to do?

elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 152
Collages, Story telling, Getting the Flow going this is the beginning of another discussion. Sort of sounds like these two discussions might go together.

I have been on another meetup site that is Spirituality based and they are doing a game night once a month. Does that sound like fun to anyone? If so where might we meet to do this?
A former member
Post #: 1
I adore the idea of spiritually focused collage making, shield making, wand and/or other creative craftiness. And game night sounds good too, would the Unitarian church be ok to hold that at?smile
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 153
We could probably use the church for that. Would anyone like to take a gander at being a lead for this?
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 154
If people want to do this once a month to start with, Maybe a Wednesday evening?
The pagans have Pagan Night Out on the 1st WEd of the month,
Brown Bag discussion on noon on the 2nd Wed and Merry Meet on 4th Wed.
So if we did it on the 3rd Wed we would have all of the Wednesdays covered.
We could have both crafts and games going on either in separate rooms or in the same area.

Would someone (or group of someones) like to take the lead on this? It wouldn't take much planning; bringing a favorite game or asking someone else to and/or arranging for the ideas and supplies for craft projects.
I'm pretty over extended with 2-4 rituals a month plus travel and programing as well as teaching through CUUPs and WEBS.

So I can promise my help but not take the lead. If someone contacts me I will help them to make arrangements. Blessings
A former member
Post #: 2
I would be glad to part of a group of someones to take the lead on this. Games are fun and I'd love more stuff to involve my kids in, however I cannot commit to every month as I am a single parent and if kid things come up that is my priority.

Are we looking at a March start-up? Because the 3rd Wed for Feb is this week....I would be willing to take the March 13th group to get things rolling. I have lots of games (Apples to Apples and Quelf being my family's favorites). I am a crafty person as well, so I'd be up for leading that sort of group too.

Elan, perhaps we can talk about it this coming Sunday after the CUUPS group?
A former member
Post #: 3
Oops, I mean after Let's Learn About the Path...needs a handy handle as well. LLAP? ;D
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 155
Hhhhhhhmmmm. We could go to LLAP at CUUPs? Or we have our CUUPs and LLAP from it as well? is that sort of like having our cake and eating it too?
Sorry your post hit my funny bone. I am LOL.
elan
user 10385863
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 157
Anyone interested in having a sewing weekend? Sometimes I get a space and everyone brings their fabric and sewing stuff and works on projects (or if they don't have a project they help with other stuff or just hang out and talk) We have made some amazing ritual robes at these as well as alter clothes, vestments and the like. Anyone? If others are interested let's set a date and I'll facilitate.
A former member
Post #: 8
Once the weather warms up, a nature walk where we could learn how to recognize the local trees and flora for magic and medicinal uses would be nice. Especially if it's somewhere where we might be able to harvest a bit. I hear Hawthorne, Hazel, and Rowan grow here, but I wouldn't know them if I tripped over them.
A former member
Post #: 4
ooh! a Nature walk is right up my alley! and I could be of some use for the plant ID'ing as well. I could have it here, as we have most of those trees, but I'm kinda far out. otherwise, Mount Pisgah is another good place, and often the plants are already ID'd with markers. but I would be totally open to any other ideas of where to have it as well.

oh, and the sewing circle sounds fantastic too!