This group is for people who live in the greater Williamsburg area, but it's okay if you're from anywhere really, as long as you are willing to drive to be with us! Occasionally, we will have meetups in locations other than Williamsburg. So if you like to get together with other people for dinners, drinks, socializing, movies, music, live theater, hiking, biking, wine tastings, outdoor festivals, cultural events - you name it - we are the group for you! We try to have a good variety of meetups, and we cater to what our members want to do.
We found that many meetup groups have age or marital requirements, but we feel that can be very exclusive, and we want our group to be inclusive! Having said that, we do require our members to be at least 21. We also realize the average age range of members is a concern for many potential members, so for full disclosure, the active members in our group are in their 40s, 50s and 60s. If this changes over time, we will definitely update this description.
Please read the group rules and the business part of our meetup below:
1. Please post a current photo of yourself (head shots are fine). We require this so we know who is requesting membership, and so we will recognize you at meetups. Also, please use your real first name for your profile name (last names not required).
2. Meetup charges an ongoing fee for each meetup group. This applies to all meetup groups to which you belong. Some organizers pay for their meetup group out of their own pockets, others charge their members. We have added a requirement that all members pay $5 for membership prior to the end of a 90-day trial period. That $5 fee will cover your member dues for a year from the date paid. If at the end of a year (we renew in March each year) we have a surplus, we will have a party or do something else fun for our members!
3. Our organizers put in a lot of time and effort to find, organize, post and host fun, interesting and enjoyable meetups. If you joined this group, you obviously wanted to participate in it, and we want you to! So please try to attend a minimum of one meetup per quarter.
Remember, you can always suggest meetup events if what we are posting is not of interest to you. We will post whatever our members like to do, so there should always be meetups on our calendar that you would like to attend! We encourage and welcome your suggestions and feedback.
4. No-Shows are a no-no! Please do not sign up for a meetup unless you plan to attend. If you have a change of plans, please change your RSVP to No or let the host know ahead of time by calling/texting them. We appreciate your courtesy to the hosts and other members in the group by abiding by this rule. Members who are repeat offenders of this rule will be removed from the group.
5. We require our members and potential members to be who they say they are. Fake names, photos, profile information or misrepresentation in any way will not be tolerated. Any offense will be grounds for denial of membership to or immediate removal from the group.
6. For all Meetup.com's Community Guidelines and Rules, click here: