addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Windows Phone App Developer Group - DFW North Texas Message Board General › Hackathon timings etc.,

Hackathon timings etc.,

Sunil
user 9549397
Flower Mound, TX
Post #: 4
One thing I'm noticing is that some hackathons seem to be starting during the day. This is great for for those who can attend, but for others like myself who have active clients and bill by the hour, losing half a day or more to a hackathon means we have to choose. I'm always going to choose my clients over a hackathon.

Is there any way these hackathons can be done on weekends?

Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Post #: 62
Sunil your frustration with that is mine too. But kindly note that no one in this leadership team has had any control over hackathon scheduling up to this point. Same for most of the meetups in fact. It's been Microsoft, UNT, AT&T, etc.

For meetups and events that I initiate, I will do my best to schedule times (and locations) that are generally good for most people, especially working professionals. I am working on some possibilities for early next year, maybe sooner.
Sunil
user 9549397
Flower Mound, TX
Post #: 5
Thanks for the update Randall. Meantime, I'll be happy to help on weekends.
Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Post #: 63
Of course we can all pressure the event organizers... ;)