addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Windows Phone App Developer Group - DFW North Texas Message Board Nokia Outreach › Important: clarification regarding DVLUP and Microsoft Dev Center tokens

Important: clarification regarding DVLUP and Microsoft Dev Center tokens

Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Greetings members,

I have sent out a few emails informing you that the bulk of my broad Nokia Developer Ambassador activities will be managed at my personal site, with this site used specifically for DFW meetups.  I also informed you that registration at my site would be required in order to get the jump on DVLUP beta registration as well as a better shot at Microsoft Dev Center tokens.  I need to retract that.

Before I go further I need to make it clear: I never meant to imply that you would have to go through me personally to simply access DVLUP or Dev Center.  That is not nor will it ever be the case, and I apologize to anyone who got that impression.

But more importantly, I have been notified that I cannot make registration with my site a stipulation for getting a first shot at tokens.  I misunderstood the degree of latitude I had in awards and am sorry for misleading you.

Going forward, tokens will be awarded based on criteria that will have nothing whatsoever to do with you creating an account on my site.  I will make sure that criteria is fair and in compliance with Nokia requirements and expectations.

I still encourage sign ups at my site because I will offer my own incentives outside of tokens where I am able.  But if you signed up there solely due to the chance of getting a better shot at tokens, and prefer to cancel your account, I understand.

Again, I apologize for any problems or confusion.  I'm pretty passionate about helping Nokia succeed and apparently let that get the best of caution.  Note that my goal is never to erect barriers between you and your coding success but rather to do just the opposite and support it any way I can.

Thank you,

Randy